Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Nice warm cheap places in Midwest???

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 6:38 pm
Any ideas looking to buy 4 bedroom house at affordable price in warm community?? Also please include average prices of houses,tia

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 7:58 pm
Warm as in weather? Or warm/close knit?

Warm weather and Midwest don't tend to go together 😉 but I'm in minneapolis, which has a very warm community.

Housing prices vary. For our 4 bedroom, we paid 250,000, but it's an older house. You could pay between that and upwards towards 350,000 or more, depending on how nice the house is.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 8:10 pm
Thx I mean close knit, warm community not weather Very Happy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 8:22 pm
Technically, you can get that in Cincinnati. But there has to be a house available for you to buy on the market....I paid less than Chartreuse for my house and I have more bedrooms, but I lucked out. The housing market right now is in high demand with a growing community, B"H.

But more than housing, what are you looking for in a community? A certain type of hashkafa and leadership? A certain skillset of jobs you would need to hunt for in your career?

shaimac1

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 7:44 am
Hi! I live in South Bend, Indiana which is a wonderful growing Torah community that is in the heart of the Midwest and definitely warm and close knit! B"H we have many homes that are at least 4 bedrooms and they range from $125,000 (my home bought two years ago has 5 bedrooms and 3.5 baths and about 2500 sq ft worth today at least $135,000 if not more Smile. In terms of really making the move to South Bend, In has a wonderful organization called CDI South Bend that works with families to assist with finding jobs, planning pilot trips, and just making sure that South Bend is the right community for them! Feel free to check out their website at www.cdisouthbend.com or contact the director directly at michallgoldman@gmail.com or 574-261-3051! B"H South Bend also has Tuition Vouchers so that can be a great help for families looking to relocate! Good luck with your search and feel free to PM me with any more questions!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 7:51 am
Detroit really nice community!! Housing is quite affordable!! Dunno exactly but I think it ranges from like 125 grand as well, possibly 150? And upward depending what u need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating