Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Salmon on the stove

Maryann

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 9:16 am
Hi all year round I make my salmon in the oven
I need some delicious recipes for salmon on the stove BC I don't have a Pesach oven ?

Any ideas ???
Tia

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 9:19 am
Poached salmon
Pickled salmon
Cream sauce salmon
Salmon over summer squash and tomatoes

Maryann

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 9:20 am
What recepe for poached salmon?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 9:22 am
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....=melt

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 9:48 am
theres a really great recipe for salmon in spice and spirit which you could easily makes for pesach. It comes out really great. It basically involves sauteing diced onions and carrots in a frying pan, add some whole peppercorns, raisins and lemon juice, place the salmon on top, and cover and cook for 20 minutes.

Daniellast

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 9:57 am
Are you looking for something light and easy to eat or more heavy and filling?

Maryann

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 9:58 am
Light and easy

egam

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 10:14 am
Maryann wrote:
Light and easy

In this case, poached is the best.
You can also pan fry it or make it Moroccan style, depending on what you use or don't use on Pesach.

Daniellast

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 10:20 am
I do the simple but great cooking method.
Cut a Spanish onion in ¼'s add a carrot. You can put it in a veggie net bag with Pike skin. Add plenty sugar (about 1½cups) and 1-2 Tbsp paprika powder. Add water to cover. Boil. Cook for about ½ hr on lower flame. Rinse and Salt fish slices (about 4-6) add to sauce. Cook low flame 40 mins.

Or, you can cook up 1c duck sauce with 1T ketchup 1T brown sugar and ½-1c water. Cook for 10 mind low flame. Add fish slices and cook for 30 -40 mins. Its best to transfer to baking sheet fish and sauce and bake 10-15 mins but you can omit it.
Both taste heavenly. Second version alot sweeter.
Good luck and enjoy if you decide to try either.

Maryann

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 10:28 am
Thx everyone!!!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 11:17 am
This recipe doesnt even make a dirty pot.
Using a 9x13 disposable pan, slice 2 onions , circle sliced and spread them around the pan.
Add 2 Cups Sugar (yes it's an awful lot, but if you want to cut it down you can do 1 and half Cups sugar)
Turn on the flame and allow the onions to cook in the sugar, the onions release liquid and the sugar becomes liquidy as well...keep an eye on it so that you dont see sugar burning, have the onions "sautee" in the sugar on the flame until it becomes a clear and caramalized.
In the meantime while the sugar and onions are cooking, Take 6-8 thinly sliced salmon fillet with or without skin (I use with skin) and sprinkle kosher salt on the fish...let it sit about 5 minutes and then rinse the salt off the slices of fish. This process helps take away the "fishy" taste.
Lay the salmon on it's side ontop of the onion/sugar mixture.
Then pour lemon juice over the salmon enough to cover the salmon but not more than that . Cover with aluminum foil and allow it to cook on the stove top with a medium flame for 17 minutes.
Cool and store in fridge in the pan that the fish cooked in along with the juice.
There is NO water in this recipe...it cooks in the lemon juice and sugar onion mixture. This is a sweet salmon and tastes yummy....I get lots of compliments on this one.

Maryann

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 11:27 am
Thx!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 2:20 pm
Sous vide* salmon - put salmon in a heavy zip lock bag, with a half cup of brown sugar and a quarter cup lemon juice. Squeeze out as much air as possible. (You can refrigerate this overnight if you want, or not.)

Make a large pot of water, and heat just to a simmer. Immerse bag completely, by putting something like a heavy saucepan or dish on top to keep the bag underwater. Simmer 1/2 an hour. Serve hot or cold.

This method keeps the salmon super moist, and it is virtually impossible to over cook it. It also doesn't mess up a pan, as all you're doing is heating up water!

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide

This method works great for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, too. Anything low fat that you want to keep from getting dried out and tough.

Miri7

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 4:53 pm
There are many recipes for delicious pan-seared salmon. Just do a google search.

tichellady

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 5:20 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Sous vide* salmon - put salmon in a heavy zip lock bag, with a half cup of brown sugar and a quarter cup lemon juice. Squeeze out as much air as possible. (You can refrigerate this overnight if you want, or not.)

Make a large pot of water, and heat just to a simmer. Immerse bag completely, by putting something like a heavy saucepan or dish on top to keep the bag underwater. Simmer 1/2 an hour. Serve hot or cold.

This method keeps the salmon super moist, and it is virtually impossible to over cook it. It also doesn't mess up a pan, as all you're doing is heating up water!

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide

This method works great for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, too. Anything low fat that you want to keep from getting dried out and tough.

The bags won't melt?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics