Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How much do you spend on your wardrobe each season?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:04 pm
Do so many frum woman really spend 1000s of dollars on their wardrobes each season? I've seen many girls wearing Chanel flats and espadrilles, and Valentino rockstuds, and expensive wigs/hats/bags/clothing... I am a fashionable shopper, but I try to limit my spending, and I still spend a lot more than I want to- say between 300-600 (including hosiery, shells, shoes). I must admit, I'm not the best shopper and I often buy items that don't end up matching with my wardrobe or that don't last or just don't look right (and aren't returnable).
I wonder what these women and their husbands do to be able to afford such an expensive wardrobe. Or do they just use their parents' credit cards...
I'm genuinely curious to know how much of a salary one needs to be making in order to afford this wardrobe for themselves and of course their children.
In my estimation, it could be thousands of dollars per season!

gold21

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:13 pm
Probably 400 altogether including shabbos and weekday, clothes and shoes
*not including hosiery

I usually have some stuff from the past summer/winter that still works, so its just a matter of getting a few new things

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Apr 19 2016, 11:50 pm
I usually buy a few new pairs of black tights each winter.
A few pairs of pantyhose for the warmer weather.

I wear a specific type of skirt that tends to get mis-shapen over time, so I generally buy 2 new ones tishrei time and 2 news pesach time.

I wear the thin cotton gap-body t-shirts under everything. I buy about 10 new ones once a year.

And shoes/sandals - probably once or twice a year.

Other than that, it's mostly tops and sweaters for me, which I keep for years. I probably buy a few new pieces each year.

B

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 12:06 am
I probably spend $1000-$2000 including shoes and shells. I'm not really sure though. It might be less.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 7:04 am
I don't buy new stuff every season.
I'm quite easy on my clothing, so usually I just fill in a couple of tops and maybe 1 skirt a season. (Max $150 in total).

I spend money on my shoes. I usually wear middle range brand names such as Michael Kors, Coach, Cole Haan, but I am very easy on shoes and can wear my shoes for a good few years. I have Coach shabbos shoes that are over 6 years old and are in perfect condition.

Hosiery and shells are also filled in as needed....not every season usually.

I hate shopping shopping for Shabbos clothing so I barely buy new ones. I wear the same 2 basic Shabbos tops from Yom tov to Yom tov until it either looks like it needs the garbage or it doesn't fit anymore;((

saw50st8

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 7:05 am
I probably spend around $100-$200/year on stuff I need. I buy classics so they last a long time.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 7:29 am
I think that I spend very little. But pantyhose, socks, bras, and underwear alone cost me $200 per year. I also need to keep replacing the black 3/4 sleeve tees that I wear under everything.

I can go for a very long time without buying a new dress or skirt, but I still need to replace the basics, because they get worn out.

Maya

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 7:33 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I probably spend $1000-$2000 including shoes and shells. I'm not really sure though. It might be less.

About the same. I don't buy expensive things, just a lot of things. For example, five or six pairs of shoes/boots each season, but I buy them discounted at DSW or wherever.
I dress up to go out every day, and I get bored of wearing the same things over and over. Also, I need different styles of clothes for different purposes. And, my size unfortunately fluctuates more than I'd like it to.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Apr 20 2016, 8:07 am
Maya wrote:
About the same. I don't buy expensive things, just a lot of things. For example, five or six pairs of shoes/boots each season, but I buy them discounted at DSW or wherever.
I dress up to go out every day, and I get bored of wearing the same things over and over. Also, I need different styles of clothes for different purposes. And, my size unfortunately fluctuates more than I'd like it to.

Actually, really the same. I also buy a lot of things, mostly not expensive. Once in awhile I'll buy an expensive piece if I absolutely love or need something very specific. I also get bored of my stuff, and my size also fluctuates. Plus, I absolutely love shopping! We should totally go shopping together. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics