Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Kiddush Hashem on Israeli TV

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 2:52 pm
I found this Israeli TV interview interesting and a Kiddush Hashem. It's interesting to see how we are perceived by secular Israelis.
What do you think?
It's in Hebrew but with English subtitles

[url=http://www.bhol.co.il/100747/Eli-Yishai-Makes-a-Kiddush-Hashem.html]Bchadrey Charedim English News

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 3:34 pm
I am not sure I understand the context of the discussion. From whar I saw, Eli Yishai and a charedi guest commentator were commenting about the Aryeh Deri case and saying that he should be treated fairly.

I have no argument with that. But it would be a more convincing kiddush Hashem if they made the same comments about any Mererz or Zionist Union or some other left-wing politician in a similar situation. From what I have seen, Shas rarely makes such magnanamous and fair-minded statements in sych situations.

It struck me more as self-serving than fair-minded.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Apr 25 2016, 3:51 pm
The way I took it was that the newscaster wasn't sure if Eli Yishai's statement was honest or not- so he asked Menny Shwartz the Charedi commentator- who responded that this is the expected charedi reaction- then what got me was the newscaster's statement- about how the charedim differ from secular Jews.
In what way was Eli Yishai's statement self serving?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room