Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Your experience with uber?
1  2  Next

sourstix

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:09 am
please share your experience. this is for an important purpose. I use car services all the time and I am having a lot of issues from them not being honest and I keep missing appointments. please please please dont tell me to get a license. thanks.
I just need to know if using them will get me better service and honesty. I dont even care if they are a bit more expensive. I need honesty and mentchlichkeit first. I know I can count on you imamothers!

thanks a lot!

Skippy!!

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:13 am
Uber is great! Gone are the days that you wait 25 minutes for your car service to show up!

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:13 am
they come more quickly than a car service, and I've never had a rude uber driver. you don't pay in cash, and the cost is calculated based on distance traveled. you have the option to tip, but you don't do it in cash. I think it's a great option when you need to get somewhere on time. try it out.

bigblueyes

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:22 am
Uber is great!! Polite,reliable,trackable,credit card....

theotherone

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:27 am
I have used them a few times and the drivers have been polite. The billing is all done based on GPS so there is not an honesty issue. I did have some problems I will mention though: 1) trying to get a ride late at night from the airport. They couldn't find a driver for a while 2) trying to get a ride to an airport about 1 hour away. the driver who arrived refused to take me because it was too far. 3) a driver who couldn't seem to find me even though I was in a conspicuous location and texted him the exact details.
Overall, I have been happy and will continue to use them.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:35 am
Love uber. So convenient. I have a car so rarely use them but when I do it is great.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:35 am
LOVE uber! Super convenient- pay by credit card, the app tells you how soon the car will be there and you can track him on the map. Then when you are in the car, you can let the people at your destination track you on the map if you'd like. The price varies not just by distance but by time of day. Some times are busier than others, and those times it will be more expensive (called surge pricing) because they are trying to get more drivers to come out. Still worth it. I do have a license but don't always have access to a car, so I've used them a fair bit.

Amarante

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 8:45 am
It's difficult for the, to be dishonest since it is all on a computer.

The rider also has the ability to rate the drivers so that drivers generally try very hard to please even going the extra distance by having water bottles. Anything less than a perfect score is a problem and can get the driver bounced.

When you pull up uber, you immediately see how many uber drivers are in the vicinity. Obviously where you live could make a difference. You can download the app and get a sense of how many drivers are in the area which will let you know response time.

mha3484

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:13 am
We have only one car so I use Uber for times we both need to get somewhere and cant work it out. I had a fantastic experience last fall when I needed to take my child to the emergency room much better then the cab I called first. I have had maybe two or three negative experiences in the years that I have been using it.

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:16 am
Uber and Lyft are both wonderful. I've used them both several times. I live in a busy city and can always get a driver in less than 5 minutes. I love that the app shows you a picture of the car and the driver so you can be sure you are getting into the right car. I also love the convenience of it being cashless. I find it to be cheaper than a cab especially since they frequently have promotions.

It gives you the option to put in your destination before you request one so no one should turn you down when they get there because it's too far.

shoshiesavannah

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:19 am
I have had great experiences with Uber. I like that I can see on my phone who is coming, how long, etc. and you don't need cash. The app also lets you know the estimate of the trip which is helpful.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 9:22 am
I have a friend in Seattle who drives for Uber. She has to keep her car immaculately clean at all times. She carries water bottles and organic, gluten free, nut free granola bars for her customers, and her car is scent free as well (no perfume, smoking, or annoying "trees" hanging from the rear view mirror.)

tichellady

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 5:55 pm
Love uber. Thank God, have had only good experiences.

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:12 pm
Love Uber. All the pros listed above. My favorite thing is that there's no calling back and saying "I called for a taxi 20 minutes ago and it's still not here..."

tzila

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:19 pm
I use Lyft, though a lot of the drivers for Lyft also drive for Uber. Quick, 99% reliable, pleasant drivers. Today I shlepped a huge bulky car seat with me, and the driver was incredibly helpful.

Ashrei

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:21 pm
Living in Brooklyn, the car services are yes dishonest, and absolutely rude and appalling in every way. Uber is a major major quality of life saver, b'h b'h b'h. It's so convenient, easy, and feel-good, that sometimes I take it if I'm concerned about parking at the destination even tho I have a car.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:22 pm
In Manhattan the frum crowd uses Via, not Uber. Via is modeled on the Israeli "sherut" concept of ride sharing. In fact it's owned by an Israeli. I have spoken to the drivers, many of whom worked for Uber and now work for Via, and they say that the treatment and the pay are better with Via. Via pays by the hour rather than the ride, so if there is a slow day, you are paid the same as a day when you have tons of passengers. I also have noticed that some drivers drive for both of them.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 6:28 pm
sourstix wrote:
please share your experience. this is for an important purpose. I use car services all the time and I am having a lot of issues from them not being honest and I keep missing appointments. please please please dont tell me to get a license. thanks.
I just need to know if using them will get me better service and honesty. I dont even care if they are a bit more expensive. I need honesty and mentchlichkeit first. I know I can count on you imamothers!

thanks a lot!

I use Uber in Brooklyn and Manhattan and bh have been very happy. But the drivers here are TLC licensed and screened and that is not the case in other states. So I don't know if I'd use Uber by myself in New Jersey. Anyone can become an Uber driver in other states with minimal screening.

bestwife3

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 7:33 pm
I like uber.They arrive in less than 5 minutes but are quite expensive!!! There super convenient when I'm in a rush or don't have cash handy. It just charges my card...

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 7:42 pm
Used Uber in Cleveland and New York; it's great! Punctual and good prices.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics