Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Arranged (TV Show)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

debsey

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 11:16 pm
naftala wrote:
I'm not sure. Maybe on the FYI website?
You can get full episodes for free on the FYI website, though you do have to watch the commercials. I loved season 1. I hope Vicki and Ben realize their obligation to make a kiddush Hashem.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 1:20 am
Does anyone else find it strange that he had difficulty with her use of social media for lack of modesty and he is having his life filmed on TV??

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 8:38 am
amother wrote:
Does anyone else find it strange that he had difficulty with her use of social media for lack of modesty and he is having his life filmed on TV??

Yes, this!
Also, that she keeps saying Modern Orthodox when it seems he's more Yeshivish.
And also... Everytime they say xyz is what modern orthodox people do, I cringe. He's making stuff up! Whyyyyy did this need to be filmed?

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 9:55 am
From the snippets I watched on YouTube after reading this thread, I feel bad for them and their relationship.

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 10:08 am
Why does it consider it arranged when she says he's her 6th grade crush? Seems like they knew each other for a long time

debsey

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 10:50 am
ChutzPAh wrote:
Why does it consider it arranged when she says he's her 6th grade crush? Seems like they knew each other for a long time
because they got engaged through a shadchan. The show in general uses a very loose definition for the term "arranged." the Indian couple, Mayor and Manuka met at work, but then used the Indian version of a shadchan to seal the deal. All I can say is, I liked season 1 better. The couples were more likeable.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 1:02 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
The producer is a frum Jew so I wouldn't be so confident in what you are saying.

A lot of the Jewish anti Semites in the blog world are also frum

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 1:09 pm
debsey wrote:
because they got engaged through a shadchan. The show in general uses a very loose definition for the term "arranged." the Indian couple, Mayor and Manuka met at work, but then used the Indian version of a shadchan to seal the deal. All I can say is, I liked season 1 better. The couples were more likeable.

It's silly to call it arranged. A shadchan is just someone who sets up blind dates. Not unheard of in the secular world.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 2:08 pm
amother wrote:

I know the producer personally and she is nothing like that.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 5:06 pm
The producer of this show is a well known frum woman who has made a lot of videos and plays and chol hamoed shows that a lot of you have watched!

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 5:13 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
It's silly to call it arranged. A shadchan is just someone who sets up blind dates. Not unheard of in the secular world.

Blind dates in the world of non Jews don't include resumes containing a wealth of personal and family information.

LiLIsraeli

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 7:05 pm
amother wrote:

She's not in the blog world, AFAIK.

She's a regular frum woman.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 7:28 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
The producer of this show is a well known frum woman who has made a lot of videos and plays and chol hamoed shows that a lot of you have watched!

Okay. Who is she?

cnc

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 7:44 pm
Ronit Polin Tarshish

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 7:46 pm
Oh wow! Gotta start watching Arranged then. Is this her first TV show?

estibesty

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 8:40 pm
Ive been watching arranged since last season I love the show! these shows need stir up drama that why they made a big deal w hair covering she prob knew she was gonna be covering her hair. and make Ben look controllingb there play up stuff too make it seem drama

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 9:36 pm
Is it scripted like r they acters/actresses that are acting or is it real and they are talking naturely and these issues that r coming up for them r real?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
Is it scripted like r they acters/actresses that are acting or is it real and they are talking naturely and these issues that r coming up for them r real?

Looks scripted to me

chavamom

Post Mon, Jun 06 2016, 1:41 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Interesting. That would explain the random facebook message I got last summer asking if I knew of anyone who might be appropriate for the show.

chavamom

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 7:49 am
amother wrote:
Looks scripted to me

My daughter goes to college with Vicky. She reports that much of it was scripted to create drama and interest. My question is how the couple in Texas are going to survive such drama.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics