Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vaccination
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

myym

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:31 pm
I feel the same way as you and I do daven before every vaccine that it should go smooth. That being said I recognize the risk yet I take the smarter risk of vaccination. (Not referring to you) but It is the simple minded route and narrow minded one to say bec it is a risk I will simply not vaccinate and hope for the best. That is lazy thinking. The reason why people are not dropping dead like years ago is because of many factors, one being vaccination.
I am not sure what your issues your child has but I am wondering why you feel that they were exacerbated by a vaccine? There certainly are situations where a child is adversely affected, but I am wondering how you have seen the connection to already preexisting conditions. If you want to elaborate I would be interested to hear more.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:
Dr. Tenpenny is the quack of all quacks, and anyone with a medical or science background knows this. When it comes to vaccination, you ask your pediatrician - you don't "follow motherly instincts" that tell you not to immunize your kids. That is stupid advice.

Sorry lady but even doctors today will tell you (about general ailments) that you know your child best and therefore you are almost always better at assessing when something is wrong. A doctor sees your child a few times a year.

If you want to do some heavy research, you will find that many medical doctors do not vaccinate THEIR OWN CHILDREN because of the risks involved. Educate yourself! (saying quack twice doesn't make you sound more credible)

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:58 pm
myym wrote:
I feel the same way as you and I do daven before every vaccine that it should go smooth. That being said I recognize the risk yet I take the smarter risk of vaccination. (Not referring to you) but It is the simple minded route and narrow minded one to say bec it is a risk I will simply not vaccinate and hope for the best. That is lazy thinking. The reason why people are not dropping dead like years ago is because of many factors, one being vaccination.
I am not sure what your issues your child has but I am wondering why you feel that they were exacerbated by a vaccine? There certainly are situations where a child is adversely affected, but I am wondering how you have seen the connection to already preexisting conditions. If you want to elaborate I would be interested to hear more.

excuse me? I believe that parents who do not vaccinate generally do a lot more research than parents who do vaccinate. to call it a lazy decision is ignorant at best.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 4:58 pm
What good are rules if they aren't followed? This isn't the first post where the vaccination debate is outside of controversial topics. Please only post this topic there!

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:00 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
What good are rules if they aren't followed? This isn't the first post where the vaccination debate is outside of controversial topics. Please only post this topic there!

out of curiosity, why does it bother you that it is posted here?

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:04 pm
She needed speech therapy late talker. They ask u to do a hearing test she was about 2 and 2 months she passed no problem the next 3 years I started seeing issues like her being frustrated took her for another hearing test she did poorly she was coming off med from strep so they said to come back I did her hearing was not ok fluid. Did ear tubes did not help at all. Now she still has fluid in and off. So going back to pre 1a age she started having a bit of difficulties then. First grade she had the worst teacher she wud insult my daughter ( only found out how badly she was insulting her and picking on her toward the end of the year from my daughters friend) it's to long to go into details how miserable this teacher was and only made my daughters progress worse by second grade I knew something was wrong . (All the while I was continuing to vaccinate) She cud not keep up at all... Socially awkward switched her to a modified program and she still wasn't doing well and last summer I got an autistic diagnosis. Mild autism but I can't imagine her having anything worse. I wud go nuts. And even on a modified program she is not doing the best. I came home from the end of the year meeting in tears cried for days. I think the older she got the more the vaccines affected her and I'm not saying vaccines caused all of it. For sure helped make things worse. Now I'm worried I don't want to have these problems with my other child. This is it in a nutshell. I'm literally getting emotional writing this and I know Pple will say I'm paranoid but I don't think I am.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
out of curiosity, why does it bother you that it is posted here?

A. People abuse amother on here. Often to bash or be obnoxious. It's the inevitability of this topic.
B. People should stand behind what they say- especially on something so controversial. Amother is only to say something identifying or very personal/private. Not for cowardice.
C. If we want the rules to be followed, they should be followed evenly across The board. I can't talk about what Chabad does or does not believe in. Even under my SN. We have rules for a reason.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
She needed speech therapy late talker. They ask u to do a hearing test she was about 2 and 2 months she passed no problem the next 3 years I started seeing issues like her being frustrated took her for another hearing test she did poorly she was coming off med from strep so they said to come back I did her hearing was not ok fluid. Did ear tubes did not help at all. Now she still has fluid in and off. So going back to pre 1a age she started having a bit of difficulties then. First grade she had the worst teacher she wud insult my daughter ( only found out how badly she was insulting her and picking on her toward the end of the year from my daughters friend) it's to long to go into details how miserable this teacher was and only made my daughters progress worse by second grade I knew something was wrong . (All the while I was continuing to vaccinate) She cud not keep up at all... Socially awkward switched her to a modified program and she still wasn't doing well and last summer I got an autistic diagnosis. Mild autism but I can't imagine having anything worse. And even on a modified program she is not doing the best. I came home from the end of the year meeting in tears cried for days. I think the older she got the more the vaccines affected her and I'm not saying vaccines caused all of it. For sure helped make things worse. Now I'm worried I don't want to have these problems with my other child. This is it in a nutshell. I'm literally getting emotional writing this and I know Pple will say I'm paranoid but I don't think I am.

im so sorry for what you are going thru. do you live in the us? perhaps you would try a detox diet to remove heavy metals to see if anything improves at all? then you will know better if it was the heavy metals in the vaccines that affected her?
(I dont doubt that it did cuz I dont believe any child is not affected by such high doses of aluminum etc.

Redbird

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:35 pm
I haven't read all the comments, but I just wanna share this:

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry lady but even doctors today will tell you (about general ailments) that you know your child best and therefore you are almost always better at assessing when something is wrong. A doctor sees your child a few times a year.

If you want to do some heavy research, you will find that many medical doctors do not vaccinate THEIR OWN CHILDREN because of the risks involved. Educate yourself! (saying quack twice doesn't make you sound more credible)

You sound really uneducated. My mama said that you can't argue with stupid, so I'll stop trying. You've googled. That's all the research you have done.

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
excuse me? I believe that parents who do not vaccinate generally do a lot more research than parents who do vaccinate. to call it a lazy decision is ignorant at best.

No. People that choose not to vaccinate do the following: 1. Google 2. Google some more 3. Listen to naturopaths and shady doctors like tenpenny and mercola 4. Do what other moms say 5. Read mommy message boards and make decisions accordingly.

Sorry. That isn't research.

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:53 pm
amother wrote:
im so sorry for what you are going thru. do you live in the us? perhaps you would try a detox diet to remove heavy metals to see if anything improves at all? then you will know better if it was the heavy metals in the vaccines that affected her?
(I dont doubt that it did cuz I dont believe any child is not affected by such high doses of aluminum etc.

There are not "high doses of aluminum" in vaccines. There are not high doses of anything. You women are badly misinformed.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 5:59 pm
amother wrote:
No. People that choose not to vaccinate do the following: 1. Google 2. Google some more 3. Listen to naturopaths and shady doctors like tenpenny and mercola 4. Do what other moms say 5. Read mommy message boards and make decisions accordingly.

there really isn't a place to do "the research" because as long as docs and the city are saying to vaccinate there really are no choices and not many places to get answers. I believed in vaccinating untill I had issues with my child. Dunno what I'll do with my next one but will probably wait untill 18 months for sure. And talk to doc then about spacing them. I'm just worried about the schools situation. And I'm not not taking my info from Google taking it from my own experience.

suremom

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:
There are not "high doses of aluminum" in vaccines. There are not high doses of anything. You women are badly misinformed.

riiight, its just a little saline water and dead virus. Talk about misonformed...

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:
there really isn't a place to do "the research" because as long as docs and the city are saying to vaccinate there really are no choices and not many places to get answers. I believed in vaccinating untill I had issues with my child. Dunno what I'll do with my next one but will probably wait untill 18 months for sure. And talk to doc then about spacing them. I'm just worried about the schools situation. And I'm not not taking my info from Google taking it from my own experience.

As long as you get 'em done! Smile

suremom

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:

and what research have you done? Asked your dr.? Believe me I did that too plus a whole lot more.

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 6:43 pm
suremom wrote:
riiight, its just a little saline water and dead virus. Talk about misonformed...

There are trace amounts of preservatives in order to make sure that they don't have to add in any more of the virus than they need to. You will find more formaldehyde in a banana. If you're so afraid of tiny amounts of chemicals, stop breastfeeding and stop breathing air.

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 6:46 pm
suremom wrote:
and what research have you done? Asked your dr.? Believe me I did that too plus a whole lot more.

You did the "research" I mentioned above. Just because it felt like a lot of work doesn't mean it was reliable. Yes, vaccines have some chemicals. No, they aren't 100% safe 100% of the time. But they are overwhelmingly safe, and prevent really, really bad stuff. You're choosing to believe the "research" you want to go with, which isn't medically, scientifically sound studies done over many years. Keep being scared of all the toxins, though. No one here can stop you.

little_mage

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 7:47 pm
chani8 wrote:
I have no choice but to give vaccines to the babies in my care, and every.single.time, I feel like it's russian roulette. I had to resuscitate my own baby many years ago from a vaccine reaction. I'll never forget that!

My POV on vaccines is that in this day and age, there is no excuse for vaccines that cause harm of any kind. Improve them and eliminate the side effects!

If the medical establishment continues to deny and cover up the truth of vaccine dangers, then how will the vaccine industry ever be forced to develop safer vaccines.

I'm certainly not against vaccines in theory. I wish we could all take a shot for whatever ails us and be cured and healthy and live happily ever after. But these days, when we vaccinate, we are indeed taking a risk.

To promote that vaccines are safe is ignorance. It comes down to, what risk are you willing to take? Some of us have no choice but to take the vaccine risk. And with the govt trying to mandate it, it seems we might all lose our ability to choose.

I wish we could just trust that the vaccines were safe. Sad

While I agree with your desire to be safe in all things, I think that's a fantasy. Life is basically a big series of risk assessments. Personally, while there are risks and adverse reactions to vaccines, the risk of that is so small, that it's worth the vaccine. The risk of a reaction is much lower then the risk the disease and/or complications from it. Your experience sounds really scary, and I'd probably have a hard time emotionally vaccinating another kid after it too, but the benefits of vaccines definitely outweigh the risks of them.

Jeanette

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 8:29 pm
suremom wrote:

For starters you can take courses in microbiology, virology and epidemiology. Throw in some basic research design and statistics and introductory anatomy and physiology. If that's too much, at least balance out your googling with information from the CDC, AAP and other reputable sources.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics