Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What to wear to sister's wedding while nursing?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 6:55 pm
My sister is BH getting married this summer. She wants me and my kids to walk down the aisle. It will be a summer, evening wedding, the men will be wearing tuxedos. I nurse 2 children. What would be appropriate to wear?

And she says it has to be cream, gold or brown.

esther11

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 6:58 pm
I think your best bet would be to find gown type separates/top and skirt that way you won't have to take off a whole gown whenever a baby gets hungry.

singleagain

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 9:48 pm
I just found this website https://www.milkandbaby.com/co.....esses --- most of dresses are under $100 stylish, look comfy, and are pretty adustable around the neckline, some are longer sleeve, and some sleeveless, but throw a shrug/cartigan over and it'll prob work

as long as it doesn't have to be a certain fabric type, I think this or something like it would be great... you might want to run it by your sister, as courtesy, but there seem to be plenty of options out there

amother
Gray

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 9:52 pm
you could get a sleeveless dress with a zipper in the back or where you can easily get your hands out by the shoulders. and since your wearing a shell you are covered. I just did this.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 10:04 pm
What kind of gown is appropriate anyway? The bridesmaids dresses seem a lot more form fitting than anything I have worn since I had kids. Is that appropriate at my stage of life/age? But it is a very formal wedding.

singleagain

Post Thu, May 26 2016, 10:07 pm
amother wrote:
What kind of gown is appropriate anyway? The bridesmaids dresses seem a lot more form fitting than anything I have worn since I had kids. Is that appropriate at my stage of life/age? But it is a very formal wedding.

I suggest you ask your sister about the style she wants and go from there

cityofgold

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 4:44 am
I'd look for sleeveless, and wear it with a cropped shell (dyed to match if needed), and ideally a softer material (ie chiffon rather than brocade). Oh--and something that doesn't get water stains easily!

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:08 am
Anything you can wear a shell under and unzip the top half should work fine. Done it before. Was joined by many other nursing women in the women's bathrooms, luckily they had nice plush couches there and we had a great time.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:46 am
amother wrote:
Anything you can wear a shell under and unzip the top half should work fine. Done it before. Was joined by many other nursing women in the women's bathrooms, luckily they had nice plush couches there and we had a great time.

Agree sleeveless with a shell.
I'd be more worried about leaking, but that's me.

Iymnok

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 6:47 am
For this make sure to have extra nursing pads in your purse.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 12:54 pm
OK, so I talked to my sister about it and she said she would like me to wear this cream lace skater dress with a skirt. It is two layers and I'm hoping it will therefore hide any leaks and any lumps from breast pads. So I think this should work well.

Miri7

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 1:21 pm
Someone should start making more nursing-friendly fancy dresses. I know so many people who look and can't find anything that works great. This would be a great business opportunity!

sky

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 1:33 pm
When I was nursing a newborn at a siblings wedding I wore a Chiffon sleevless gown with a shell underneath. The shoulders very easily slipped down and it was easy to nurse and remain covered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics