Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Who went to Hogwarts?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

pointyshoes

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 5:27 pm
I find this thread so nasty- I never got my letter and I waited every year.
Green with jealousy here. I still want to goooooooo Profile

tryinghard

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 5:49 pm
While I was in the stereotypical Jewish Ravenclaw, DH was in Hufflepuff (no we didn't know each other!)

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 8:42 pm
I was one of the few jewish gals in hufflepuf. I guess my fellow hufflepufs are not on imamother. Dh was in ravenclaw. The sorting hat shouted ravenclaw the second it touched his head. Dh got married a little later. He dated tons of ravenclaw girls but two intellectual intense people not always a good shidduch. He needed a more chilled hufflrpuf to create a good healthy balance

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:06 pm
debsey wrote:
Puke Donald, the master of TMI......

I'd love to see him and Lockhart going at each other.

Puffed up memory-addled showoffs both lol.

Celebrity is as celebrity does.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:07 pm
So... anyone have any informatiom on Albus Severus Potter? No news out of Hogwarts this week. I hear they were sworn to secrecy.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:42 pm
I feel deeply and completely left out. What the heck is this thread about??? Can someone please please fill me in? Thanks in advance

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:51 pm
My son is going next year gd willing. But no one is allowed to know. He got the last slot for the year.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 9:58 pm
amother wrote:
I feel deeply and completely left out. What the heck is this thread about??? Can someone please please fill me in? Thanks in advance

Hogwarts is the school of magic in the Harry Potter series.

The various posters on this thread are chatting as if they are alumnae of the school (unless they went to other schools like Durmstrang or Beaubaxtons, or Brakebills, which is a magic school from another book series entirely).

They're named-dropping characters from the series as their classmates were, talking about which house they were sorted into (the school is divided by defining character traits into 4 "houses"), or speculating about what houses various celebrities would be sorted into.

So basically, this is a role-playing thread, with Harry Potter in-jokes and references galore.

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask more questions! Hufflepuffs like me are welcoming and patient Very Happy

[When I got sorted in high school I was a Ravenclaw... guess I've mellowed a bit!]

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 10:13 pm
Just took the sorting test, it put me in Gryffindor. Meh. I was trying for Slytherin 😂. Last time I took the test like a year ago I got Ravenclaw. So I guess I'm all over the place.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total

sequoia

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 10:15 pm
Lev Grossman is a friend, but I believe his "Magicians" trilogy to be the best fiction written this century quite independently of that fact.

The fact that everyone talks about houses in Hogwarts, but hardly anyone talks about specialties in Brakebills, is a testament to the realistic sublety of his fantastic world.

In the Harry Potter universe I'd definitely be in Beauxbatons though Smile

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 10:38 pm
I'm just a muggle. I tried to get on to that platform so many times, that I have a permanent bump on my head.

I am still waiting for my acceptance letter, school won't open this year until we are all placed.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 10:39 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

The various posters on this thread are chatting as if they are alumnae of the school (unless they went to other schools like Durmstrang or Beaubaxtons, or Brakebills, which is a magic school from another book series entirely).

They're named-dropping characters from the series as their classmates were, talking about which house they were sorted into (the school is divided by defining character traits into 4 "houses"), or speculating about what houses various celebrities would be sorted into.

So basically, this is a role-playing thread, with Harry Potter in-jokes and references galore.

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask more questions! Hufflepuffs like me are welcoming and patient Very Happy

[When I got sorted in high school I was a Ravenclaw... guess I've mellowed a bit!]

Yeah lol, tell it like a joke so muggles don't think it's true... But either way, watch out from the MSA, they finally learned about the muggle net and can trace our cyber footprint!

*Magical Security Agency

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
I'm just a muggle. I tried to get on to that platform so many times, that I have a permanent bump on my head.

I am still waiting for my acceptance letter, school won't open this year until we are all placed.

Rolling Laughter

I'm sorry about the bump. And the school placement situation.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 10:48 pm
pointyshoes wrote:
I find this thread so nasty- I never got my letter and I waited every year.
Green with jealousy here. I still want to goooooooo Profile

I'm sorry.

Hug Hug Hug

It's lehavdil like those acceptance letters to seminary... Two of my children are squibs (but dw, we love them unconditionally!) and while they were waiting it for the infamous letters for sem it brought back to me the tense moments before my 11th birthday... My mother pleading into her Tehillim, the house elf tiptoeing around the house fearfully, not daring to enter my room... My father laughing heartily at all of us - but rumored to threaten in the Hogwarts minyan to chop off Dumbledore's beard if he didn't accept his daughter...

Good days.

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Jun 08 2016, 10:49 pm
I was sorted into Slytherin; anyone else? I'm not sure how I got it... I definitely wouldn't have pegged myself as Slytherin... But I guess who knows what's really lurking inside😈

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 1:18 am
bigsis144 wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to explain Smile

greenfire

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 12:49 pm
I hated school - except the train ride there from platform 9 3/4 ... so I hung out with Hagrid & occasionally hid in the forest ~ sh told tell my mama

debsey

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 1:11 pm
amother wrote:
I'm sorry.

Hug Hug Hug

It's lehavdil like those acceptance letters to seminary... Two of my children are squibs (but dw, we love them unconditionally!) and while they were waiting it for the infamous letters for sem it brought back to me the tense moments before my 11th birthday... My mother pleading into her Tehillim, the house elf tiptoeing around the house fearfully, not daring to enter my room... My father laughing heartily at all of us - but rumored to threaten in the Hogwarts minyan to chop off Dumbledore's beard if he didn't accept his daughter...

Good days.
maybe Rabbi Rechnitz should make a speech about the elitist acceptance policies at Hogwarts and inherent snobbery involved in sorting 11 year old into houses that presume to prejudge their talents,abilities, inclinations, and even characters.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 3:05 pm
Hogwarts has incorporated a new school rule that students may not drive cars to school, or they will face immediate expulsion. A field on the other side of the forbidden forest now has a few cars parked on it, and the school has received complaints from the ministry of magic, citing the need for memory modification of several muggles in nearby villages.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 3:11 pm
the only class I go to is potions - duh can't you see my cauldron

& my nimbus 2000 is getting as outdated as my father's stationwagon

I wonder if that means my kids will only be allowed to marry into muggles ?!?!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics