Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Kitchen remodeling backsplash glass mosaic or solid quartz

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 9:07 am
Remodeling a kitchen
any one here have glass mosaic backsplash.
Is it hard to keep clean
Will I be scrubbing all day, especially by the stove top
Do the grout lines get dingy very easily
Is it hard to maintain.
If I pick white and off white will it get dingy yellow faster than darker colors.

My counter top will be off white with grey veins Quartz that looks like marble.
Is it less maintenance to go with solid Quartz backsplash then all the little pieces in a mosaic.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 9:20 am
amother wrote:
Remodeling a kitchen
any one here have glass mosaic backsplash.
Is it hard to keep clean
Will I be scrubbing all day, especially by the stove top
Do the grout lines get dingy very easily
Is it hard to maintain.
If I pick white and off white will it get dingy yellow faster than darker colors.

My counter top will be off white with grey veins Quartz that looks like marble.
Is it less maintenance to go with solid Quartz backsplash then all the little pieces in a mosaic.

I just moved into my new home this week so I can't answer yet on maintenance, but I put the same solid quartzite (quartzite is different from quartz -- it is natural stone while quartz is man made) I used on my counters on my backsplash -- it is solid, continuous, with no breaks in it for outlets or switches (all are under the cabinets or beyond the backsplash area) and it looks gorgeous.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 9:49 am
OOTBubby wrote:
I just moved into my new home this week so I can't answer yet on maintenance, but I put the same solid quartzite (quartzite is different from quartz -- it is natural stone while quartz is man made) I used on my counters on my backsplash -- it is solid, continuous, with no breaks in it for outlets or switches (all are under the cabinets or beyond the backsplash area) and it looks gorgeous.

My cabinets will be a very dark grey/taupish color, very high gloss.
Counter top off white Quartz (man made),with a little bit of grey veins.

If I make the backsplash the same as the countertop, I DO LIKE THIS ELEGENT LOOK, how do I bring in interest to a blah kitchen?
I want my kitchen to look ELEGENT, but are all these beige grey tones going to make it look blah.
Glass mosaic is very in now a days, but will it still be in, in a few years.

return2You

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 10:11 am
I have glass mosaic backsplash ( two years) and I love it. It's actually easier to clean than ceramic tiles- a little spritz of windex goes a long way. I don't find the grout lines to be a problem at all. a kitchen backsplash tends not to get dirty as a bathroom would.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 4:50 pm
I have quartz countertops and backsplash in the white with grayish veins. I love love the look. I get loads of compliments for the sleek neat look. I have a modern kitchen. It is definitely easy to clean. I have it for about 16 months...and I feel it is less likely to go out of style than mosaic. JMHO.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics