Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Airbnb In Israel

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 6:06 pm
Hi,

Anyone ever stayed at Airbnb locations in Israel?
Please share your experience!
One thing I can't figure out is how to set a filter to see only apartments with two beds.Any ideas?

Thanks!

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 6:08 pm
Did it and regretted it. The apartment was rundown, dirty and disgusting and did not reflect the pictures listed.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 6:09 pm
I did and had a break in.
Airbnb was not helpful .

I should also add that the pictures didn't reflect the apt. It was very dirty.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 6:14 pm
we did it and had a very positive experience. My husband had some mixed experiences. (apartment was loud and noisy)

samantha87

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 8:46 pm
Haven't tried yet, but I see they got my favourite parts of Israel: https://www.washingtonpost.com......html

bobeli

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 10:35 pm
I was in the one by har nof and it was great

JewishMother2

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 2:43 am
I would strongly suggest going through a property manager/short term rentals agent. You have someone to call on in the event of problems with the apartment. Make sure you sign a contract that covers both the rights of the tenants and the owners/manager.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 4:36 am
I did it and it was great! In Holyland (next to Bayit Vegan), two bedrooms, three beds. It was really really nice, clean and there was A/C Wink
Even the bed were kosher ones! (That you can separate or attach together.)

jerusalem613

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 5:18 am
What neighbourhood are you looking to rent in ?

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Jun 29 2016, 6:58 am
We stayed in an apartment in Jerusalem found via airbnb, very happy in terms of accuracy of description and cost performance. There's a filter just above the listing where you can choose minimum # of bedrooms, guests etc. I strongly recommend communicating with the owner beforehand though.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 2:39 am
I rented an apartment in Tzfat for this August, am hoping for the best. It had good reviews.
ETA
I've done it once in NYC and had a very good experience.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 7:15 am
Thanks for the responses.
Some of the apartments listed had a cleaning price listed,as well. Is that above the price of the apartment? Are most apartments like that?

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 9:56 am
Yes, most places we stayed both in Israel and other countries seem to charge cleaning price. This is on top of advertised rate. Sometimes there're other items like admin fees. A bit cheeky but at least it's clearly indicated separately.

shabri

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 3:27 pm
Op, if you are looking in Jerusalem, I have an apartment we are renting this summer and Succos. Pm me for details.

tichellady

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 3:41 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the responses.
Some of the apartments listed had a cleaning price listed,as well. Is that above the price of the apartment? Are most apartments like that?

Most apartments are like that and I would probably stick to an apartment with a cleaning fee and good reviews. I can't imagine Airbnb is different in Israel than anywhere else. Reviews matter! Contact the host before you book and ask any questions you have.

rikki 1

Post Thu, Jun 30 2016, 5:59 pm
Peninat Chemed on Shamgar in Romema neighborhood of Yerushalayim is an building for short term rentals. My sister is redecorating the apartments there and I've seen nice pictures. It's in the midst of a few neighborhoods with lots of shopping on the block. you should be able to Google it. Gl
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics