Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dying eyebrows?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 10:31 am
Any one have experience with this?
Is it safe?
Does it last?
Were in lkwd can I do this?

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 11:53 am
My hairdresser would d this when I dyed my hair. We were careful obviously not to get in ,y eyes.

The hair dye used on my hair and brows was very thick and not like the liquid hair dyes.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 12:26 pm
I do mine all the time, and it works great. I buy hair dye that is a soft brown shade, and I mix up about a teaspoon or two of it and save the rest. I apply it very carefully with a Q-tip, and make sure I don't rub my face. After about 20 minutes I wipe it off with baby wipes, and then wash my face as usual.

How long it lasts depends on how fast your hair grows, and how often you shed and replace hairs. I have to redo mine about every 4 weeks, but fortunately it doesn't look weird when it grows out. You can always fill in with brow powder if you don't have time to do a touch up.

I find that it makes me look about 5 years younger, and much more "awake". I never liked the look of penciled in eyebrows (and I'm super lazy about makeup.)

rikki!

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 1:02 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I do mine all the time, and it works great. I buy hair dye that is a soft brown shade, and I mix up about a teaspoon or two of it and save the rest. I apply it very carefully with a Q-tip, and make sure I don't rub my face. After about 20 minutes I wipe it off with baby wipes, and then wash my face as usual.

How long it lasts depends on how fast your hair grows, and how often you shed and replace hairs. I have to redo mine about every 4 weeks, but fortunately it doesn't look weird when it grows out. You can always fill in with brow powder if you don't have time to do a touch up.

I find that it makes me look about 5 years younger, and much more "awake". I never liked the look of penciled in eyebrows (and I'm super lazy about makeup.)

Op- I get mine done professionally about every 4-5 weeks. It's costly and fades with time but I like it. Reading FF's post though got me thinking that I might be able to do it on my own.

FF- If you don't mind me asking- which hair dye do you buy? I usually get mine professionally done about every 4 weeks as well, and what I mostly like about it is the way the dye kind of shapes and frames my brows. Are you able to do that on your own or do you just fill them in? Also, have you had any mishaps like wrong color or dying surrounding skin outside of eyebrow?
Thanks so much for your input!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 1:10 pm
I just use whatever brand says "covers gray". Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any difference. It doesn't fade when I use it.

I've never had it dye my skin, or had any other problems. I've never had it drip, either. I put it on in thin layers, and build up until I'm sure it will hold and not get messy. Q-tips are the perfect applicators. Use a clean one to tidy up the edges.

I'm going to add this for everyone who is reading: DO NOT TRY THIS ON EYELASHES!

I've never tried this, but my grandmother was a professional beautician, and she used to dye eyelashes. It is extremely dangerous to do yourself. It's a very special dye, and can only be applied by an expert. It's even illegal in some states. Just because you can buy it on Ebay, doesn't mean that you should. Don't even THINK about it!

capable

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 1:13 pm
I learned to tint eyebrows professionally and have done it on many people. it makes a huge difference to the face! it needs to be redone every 4-6 weeks. you can definitely do it yourself. I would recommend buying an eyebrow tinting kit from a beauty supplier.

start by applying vaseline with a q-tip around the eyebrow (without getting it onto the hair) to ensure the dye doesn't stain your skin. also, until you gain experience, I would recommend wiping the dye off after a few seconds and then reapplying until you reach the shade you want. if you leave it on too long there's nothing you can do, but if you don't leave it long enough, you can always do it over.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 1:23 pm
capable wrote:
I learned to tint eyebrows professionally and have done it on many people. it makes a huge difference to the face! it needs to be redone every 4-6 weeks. you can definitely do it yourself. I would recommend buying an eyebrow tinting kit from a beauty supplier.

start by applying vaseline with a q-tip around the eyebrow (without getting it onto the hair) to ensure the dye doesn't stain your skin. also, until you gain experience, I would recommend wiping the dye off after a few seconds and then reapplying until you reach the shade you want. if you leave it on too long there's nothing you can do, but if you don't leave it long enough, you can always do it over.

Great advice! (although I never bothered with Vaseline).

Another very important tip: Do an allergy test first! Dab some on the inside of your arm, and wait a half an hour. Wipe it off, and if there is any redness or itching, do not pass go, do not use around your eyes! If your skin is stained, a bit of Windex on a cotton ball will take it right off. (I learned that from my hairdresser. Shhhh, it's a secret! Wink )

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jul 05 2016, 2:15 pm
Thank you !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics