Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Patricia place Passaic/clifton

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 7:48 am
I've heard Patricia Place became all frum. Who lives there? More yeshivish/less yeshivish/modern? How old are the families/kids there? What schools do they go to?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 13 2016, 8:14 am
I moved away from there last summer. I don't believe it is ALL frum unless MANY houses were sold this past year but there have definitely been A LOT of frum people moving in in very quick succession. My neighbors on both sides of me weren't Jewish to give you an idea. During the few years I lived there the house across from me was bought by frum people as was the house next to the them and across from them and the one next to that one...

There is a mix of people hashkafically but there aren't "kollel" families more like right wing YU to centrist but I don't think there is anyone who will walk down the street in pants... Some people wear black hats some don't, people send to YKP, YBH, the cheder and one family sends to YNJ. There are definitely a larger percentage of YBH kids then you would find in Passaic. I didn't find it "segregated" by hashkafa like you might have other places.

It's a younger crowd but I don't mean everyone is 20, to me 30 is young Wink . I know that a few people have made bat mitzvahs.... but besides for like one older couple who are grandparents and another one who has one daughter who I think is still in high school and another who is married (they lived there before the influx Smile ) I think everyone else has elementary school or younger (may be a few ninth grader oldests but that's it)

Beis Shalom is the nearby shul and it's getting crowded with the influx. There's also Rabbi Schwab's shul but I don't think many people from Patricia place daven there anymore (they did before Beis Shalom became Orthodox) Other people walk to to other shuls but they are a walk. It's not like Brooklyn where you have a choice of many shuls in a 5 minute radius. Passaic is more like that but it's not easy to build shuls in Clifton so shuls are built in Passaic. Two shuls are trying and there have been major politics with the city about them. Neither have actually been built from what I understand.

Hope that helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating