Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Multidirectional -- has the sheitel world gone mad?!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

ML

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 1:12 pm
I'm looking for thick volume human hair sheitel that is NOT multidirectional. I need structure in my sheitel, as I work in a hospital (w/non jews) and can't look like I have "bed head," flat, casual hair w/part showing. I absolutely hate multidirectional & so do the women I know -- and why are all these women forced to pay so much more for something that duplicates the flaws of natural hair -- should we put grey streaks in our sheitels too because that looks "natural"? In the non jewish velt (all over this hospital) women who look nice are always trying to fluff up their hair to cover the part -- and frum sheitels are so "natural"-looking they actually flaunt the part -- which is actually a flaw of real hair. Remember the single days when we had to mousse up, blow dry, body perm & curl our hair every day to look presentable? Then came our sheitels when we just put it on & looked so "put-together" with no effort. Now so many sheitel companies have gone backwards to mimick the "just got up in the morning hair" & charge so much more for it. Is my sheitel macher unable to find non-multidirectional wigs because she's only going to the same old frum companies? Who sells beautiful, voluminous human hair sheitels -- NON-multidirectional??

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 1:22 pm
Can't help you but was just laughing because my aunt does put gray in her Sheitel because she thinks it's weird for someone her age to have such dark hair.

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 1:36 pm
Actually gray in wigs is very in now!!

ML

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 1:37 pm
No thanks. I'm 52 & don't need to look older. thanks again.

MamaBear

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 1:37 pm
Try these:

http://www.freeda.com/sale.htm.....n=106

ML

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 1:43 pm
Thanks for trying the Freeda site suggestion. They're all too short on me (they say medium length, but they don't hit the shoulders on me) -- once these go, that's it. Clary's has one left (at my Sheitel macher) & will not be making any more. Non-multidirectional used to be way cheaper because it was so much less labor intensive & now the market for doing the Mitzvah has become sooo overpriced, it's unaffordable for so many. Does anyone out there still love the NON-multidirectional to warrant producing more??? thanks.

Fox

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 1:45 pm
ML wrote:
Remember the single days when we had to mousse up, blow dry, body perm & curl our hair every day to look presentable? Then came our sheitels when we just put it on & looked so "put-together" with no effort.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Oh, I feel you for sure! The knottiest, rattiest, past-its-sell-date synthetic shaitel is still a huge improvement on my real hair!

I remember once arriving at work during my single days on a Monday morning: An African-American colleague and I were both complaining about having spent $60 over the weekend -- a hefty sum in those days -- on perms. She'd had her hair straightened, of course, and I'd had mine curled. All we could do was laugh.

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 2:23 pm
ML wrote:
I'm looking for thick volume human hair sheitel that is NOT multidirectional. I need structure in my sheitel, as I work in a hospital (w/non jews) and can't look like I have "bed head," flat, casual hair w/part showing. I absolutely hate multidirectional & so do the women I know -- and why are all these women forced to pay so much more for something that duplicates the flaws of natural hair -- should we put grey streaks in our sheitels too because that looks "natural"? In the non jewish velt (all over this hospital) women who look nice are always trying to fluff up their hair to cover the part -- and frum sheitels are so "natural"-looking they actually flaunt the part -- which is actually a flaw of real hair. Remember the single days when we had to mousse up, blow dry, body perm & curl our hair every day to look presentable? Then came our sheitels when we just put it on & looked so "put-together" with no effort. Now so many sheitel companies have gone backwards to mimick the "just got up in the morning hair" & charge so much more for it. Is my sheitel macher unable to find non-multidirectional wigs because she's only going to the same old frum companies? Who sells beautiful, voluminous human hair sheitels -- NON-multidirectional??

im not sure I understand... u want a part showing?

pointyshoes

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 2:46 pm
Is your problem the multidirectional top or the whole wig being multidirectional?
If you want the whole thing non multidirectional then I think somebody once told me that malkys wigs on eBay arent .
If you are okay with having the top part multidirectional then I can assure you every single company has those.
In regards to the rest of your post- that's why people love height- it makes it look like the hairs growing out of your head more and if very in now.

ML

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 3:45 pm
I'm looking for a NON-multidirectional TOP. I don't want to see the part -- I want to move it around and fluff up my hair as I want. I need height on my sheitel -- not like someone sat on my head or the flat, flat look of the multidirectional top w/no height. With the multidirectional top, you need to tease it up & spray w/lots of hairspray and fight with your sheitel against the way it was meant to be -- flat. The NON-multidirectional tops just stand out & fluff up (no part) w/out all that work.

pointyshoes

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 3:47 pm
ML wrote:
I'm looking for a NON-multidirectional TOP. I don't want to see the part -- I want to move it around and fluff up my hair as I want. I need height on my sheitel -- not like someone sat on my head or the flat, flat look of the multidirectional top w/no height. With the multidirectional top, you need to tease it up & spray w/lots of hairspray and fight with your sheitel against the way it was meant to be -- flat. The NON-multidirectional tops just stand out & fluff up (no part) w/out all that work.

With non multidirectional tops you can't change the part- it is what it is. With multidirectional you can mess it up and you can buy a wig with built in height.

ML

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 3:59 pm
With a multidirectional, you're just changing the part -- I don't want a part -- just pure height, body & volume (on top) like the old NONmultidirectional top sheitels. I used to pull it back, make a bump in front w/a headband just pushing it forward or anything I wanted w/out having to be bound to a part. "Multidirectional" just means you can change the "part" (not so easily at that) - but you need a part & the flat top that goes around it.

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 4:04 pm
ML wrote:
With a multidirectional, you're just changing the part -- I don't want a part -- just pure height, body & volume (on top) like the old NONmultidirectional top sheitels. I used to pull it back, make a bump in front w/a headband just pushing it forward or anything I wanted w/out having to be bound to a part. "Multidirectional" just means you can change the "part" (not so easily at that) - but you need a part & the flat top that goes around it.

what do all the people who wear their wigs back with a bump and a headband do?

I know people who wear it like this, some are newlyweds so they must have gotten their wigs recently.

ill try to find a pic to see if were talking about the same thing..

pointyshoes

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 4:20 pm
allcuteonesrtak wrote:
what do all the people who wear their wigs back with a bump and a headband do?

I know people who wear it like this, some are newlyweds so they must have gotten their wigs recently.

ill try to find a pic to see if were talking about the same thing..

You'll see that a lot in more chassidish communities where the ladies double cover. Maybe try calling sheitelmachers in a place like that

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 4:25 pm
ML wrote:

not a head band but is it something like this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHOH-wsgqBT/

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 4:37 pm
All these links are mutildirectional wigs blown back.

ML

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 4:46 pm
The bump and headband is the NON-multidirectional wig -- I used to wear mine like that. The multidirectional wigs are much newer and to buy the NON-multidirectional wig you were buying what they had left while they phased out all the NON-multidirectional top wigs. They didn't make any new NON-multidirectional wigs (that's why those shorter Freeda wigs on their site monodirectionals are cheaper, shorter & all they have left -- they won't make any more after that).

allcuteonesrtak

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 5:02 pm
ML wrote:
The bump and headband is the NON-multidirectional wig -- I used to wear mine like that. The multidirectional wigs are much newer and to buy the NON-multidirectional wig you were buying what they had left while they phased out all the NON-multidirectional top wigs. They didn't make any new NON-multidirectional wigs (that's why those shorter Freeda wigs on their site monodirectionals are cheaper, shorter & all they have left -- they won't make any more after that).

what about simulated part?

(sorry the links were not what u were looking for.. im just trying to help)

ML

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 5:18 pm
Don't know what "simulated part" is. They're all simulated because they're not really growing out of your head. The multidirectional tops have a deep part (that, w/a lot of effort can be moved, thus "multidirectional") & they're charging all that money to have that skin top w/the deep fake part so it should look like it's growing out of your head & it's flat against your head because that's what they think women want -- flat heads -- like they're really growing out of your head. Why would you want to pay all that extra $ to make people think your sheitel is so "natural" that you even have the kind of flat hair that people who don't cover their hair don't want?? Yes, it's "natural," like your natural hair looks when you just got out of bed in the morning.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels