Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Cutting sheitel bangs

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:17 pm
I'm interested in cutting my regular top (not lace) sheitel to make bangs.

Any recommendations for someone talented in the five towns? I didn't get my wig from anyone here and some won't cut what they didn't sell.

I need someone who can really cut according to face shape. I'm not exactly sure what type of bangs will work best so I need someone who has a good eye for these things. Not someone who will just cut the bangs.

purplejellybean

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:29 pm
Mimi Fehler cuts really well.I never actually cut by her but did use her before she moved to five towns for other things and was very happy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:08 pm
purplejellybean wrote:
Mimi Fehler cuts really well.I never actually cut by her but did use her before she moved to five towns for other things and was very happy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've heard of her before, so it sounds like a solid lead!

Anyone else used her for cuts and can give an opinion?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 6:10 pm
Edna Ershowsky or Raizy Reisman

leahgr

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 3:21 pm
I literally just came back from her Salon. I'm sure her cut and style is good. But she is extremely unprofessional, rude, and doesn't give you the time of day. Your time is not valuable to her. I left my job early to come to the salon, got there on time, had to wait 30 minutes for her because she was running behind (which is fine if she actually paid attention to my consult, which she didn't).

I went in with 4 wigs that need surgery to fix. Someone else was there who was looking for a new wig. She literally gave me 5 minutes of her time (I made an appointment for 2 wigs and only showed her 2), charged me $80 for the consultation, and told me to get up after 5 minutes because she had another customer.

She told me she wouldn't do the repairs on the wigs unless I would also pay for it to be cut and styled (one of them already was cut recently) and charges $400 for a cut and style. The repairs would cost close to $1500 and the cut and styling would be $800 - INSANE. She basically doesn't make much profit from repairs because she DOES NOT do them herself, so she wanted more money from me.

What is really surprising is that, my mom has been a long standing client of hers for close to 10 years. She has bought so many wigs from her in that timeframe with numerous repairs and etc. She knew who I was, but still treated me like I was garbage. I left her salon crying because I have had so many issues with different Sheitel people in the past. I went to her on my moms recommendation.
One of the wigs I brought to her to fix was a custom wig that IITSANELLIE made and promised the world only to deliver a GREEN wig that MIMI herself said is not good and would need to be darkened way beyond my natural color to fix (I PAID $4k+ for it). She still wouldn't say that she could even fix it because the wig was so bad. It needed hair, widows peak, tons of work and alterations.

Instead of having compassion, understanding how hard this is for a fellow Jewish woman, who is not in the wig industry to understand, she dismissed me. If she would have said, listen, I am sorry that you have had such a terrible experience with these wigs, but the cost of fixing all of these wigs is the same price as a new one. Let me show you some wigs I have that I think you will love. I would have probably bought a new one. Instead I will never go back, and neither will my mother.

As a side note - my mom has had similar complaints and seen her treat others the way she treated me today. My moms wigs have been repaired sometimes incorrectly, and instead of fixing it at MIMIs cost, she has charged her more. My mom always just paid her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries