Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Republican National Convention
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:17 pm
Fox wrote:
The result of too much hair dye, I think, or a low-fat diet that's starved her synaptic connections.

Thank you. I will view her with compassion. I'm not sure if I can let myself be entertained by her though now that I know of her disabilities.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:18 pm
Maya wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Even if they make no sense.

And G-d bless the USA.

sushilover

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:18 pm
Maya wrote:
Oh, he's not? LOL. We must be living in different universes.

Trump lies about EVERYTHING. Everything he says is solely about self-aggrandizement and it makes no difference whether true or false, and is mostly false.

The fact that people trust him to be more truthful as a president than Hillary would be funny if it weren't so outrageously ridiculous and enraging.

Hey, I despise the man and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him- don't get me wrong.

But Clinton put our national security at risk, had her lawyers destroy evidence, lied about it repeatedly, and if there was any justice in this world, she would have been prosecuted and found guilty. But we can't do that because she is her royal highness Hillary Clinton.

In my personal opinion, the main reason why Trump may be less dangerous than Clinton is because at least he doesn't have the media slobbering all over him. He will be scrutinized and bashed with every dumb thing he does (and if he is president, he WILL do dumb things of course). Clinton will be given a free pass as long as she smiles and panders to the right people (and she is a pandering champ).
I find that really scary

cnc

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:21 pm
sushilover wrote:
Hey, I despise the man and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him- don't get me wrong.

But Clinton put our national security at risk, had her lawyers destroy evidence, lied about it repeatedly, and if there was any justice in this world, she would have been prosecuted and found guilty. But we can't do that because she is her royal highness Hillary Clinton.

In my personal opinion, the main reason why Trump may be less dangerous than Clinton is because at least he doesn't have the media slobbering all over him. He will be scrutinized and bashed with every dumb thing he does (and if he is president, he WILL do dumb things of course). Clinton will be given a free pass as long as she smiles and panders to the right people (and she is a pandering champ).
I find that really scary

The thing is, he couldn't care less...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:22 pm
treestump wrote:

, as well as being accused of raping a 13 year old girl.

shock This is totally new.
The whole thing is profoundly bizarre. The real low information RWers who I hear, who are foaming at the mouth at the beltway caviar-eating, cabernet-swilling elites seem not to realize that Trump is just that.
Rabbi Reisman has mentioned that when Hashem needs to move history along there will be cataclysms. This is so far beyond anything natural that I am assuming that something big historically is going down behind the scenes. If had different religious leanings, I'd assume that Trump sold his soul to the devil. Possibly Hillary too and the devil's just playing them both off each other.

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:26 pm
sushilover wrote:

I find that really scary

What you call dumb, I call dangerous. Certainly more dangerous to the country as a whole than what Hillary allegedly did. I find THAT really scary.

I understand it's no use to talk about Hillary because for some reason, people have this hyper emotional, nonsensical blockage when it comes her, but to say that Trump is more trustworthy than her just shows how blinded people are.

treestump

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:27 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
shock This is totally new.
The whole thing is profoundly bizarre. The real low information RWers who I hear, who are foaming at the mouth at the beltway caviar-eating, cabernet-swilling elites seem not to realize that Trump is just that.
Rabbi Reisman has mentioned that when Hashem needs to move history along there will be cataclysms. This is so far beyond anything natural that I am assuming that something big historically is going down behind the scenes. If had different religious leanings, I'd assume that Trump sold his soul to the devil. Possibly Hillary too and the devil's just playing them both off each other.

It's been all over the news...

Yes, it is bizarre. A tragic result of brilliant Trump marketing, angry voters - many without the education of Trump's true leanings and the way politics work, and the Republicans' fear and hysteria producing image of Hillary.

I am not voting for Hillary and don't think she is a saint - but I don't understand why so many people don't realize just how much worse and dangerous Trump is.

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:29 pm
treestump wrote:

Yes, it is bizarre. A tragic result of brilliant Trump marketing, angry voters - many without the education of Trump's true leanings and the way politics work, and the Republicans' fear and hysteria producing image of Hillary.

I am not voting for Hillary and don't think she is a saint - but I don't understand why so many people don't realize just how much worse and dangerous Trump is.

I don't think anyone thinks she's a saint, but amen to the last part of your sentence. Baffles the heck out of me.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:29 pm
treestump wrote:

The rape allegation?
Now that there's no more Air America and I can't get NPR in the house (and I don't have the technology to listen to hosts who aren't on locally) I don't hear this stuff. Unless it's on the national news too.

sushilover

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:32 pm
treestump wrote:
Quote from The Hill:

The Secret Service told Politico Wednesday it is investigating Trump adviser and New Hampshire delegate Al Baldasaro's call to put Hillary Clinton "in the firing line" and shoot her "for treason.”

Oh. That wasn't at the RNC. Wasn't that during a radio interview?

treestump

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:32 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
The rape allegation?

Yes.

You can see a copy of the lawsuit here:
http://www.snopes.com/2016/06/.....suit/

treestump

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:35 pm
Maya wrote:
I don't think anyone thinks she's a saint, but amen to the last part of your sentence. Baffles the heck out of me.

Right -I just keep clarifying that I am not a Hillary supporter because for some reason that discounts anything said Hillary voter says in the eyes of many people.

Jeanette

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 8:22 pm
I don't find Trump nearly as scary as his supporters. They either eat up and validate everything he says, or they've been so cowed and manipulated by him that they will never stand up to him. At best he will outsource running the government to his children and a handful of lackeys, but if so then why elect him altogether? If we want President Ivanka why not just vote for her?

I think Hillary will be a weak leader, and that does not bother me. A weak leader will do less damage to the country than a strong dictator.

The Constitution was designed with separation of powers. The founding fathers worked hard to figure out ways to curb the power of the presidency so that it would be difficult for one demagogue to come along and destabilize the country. so far it's worked for 240 years. Hillary Clinton may not be the ideal leader but she is not as skilled in manipulation so she will not easily be able to bamboozle the country into backing whatever she does. With Trump all bets are off.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 8:26 pm
I think Hillary will be much better for policy in the country. I think she's awful on foreign policy and that scares me.

I was hoping Donald Trump would pick a better vice presidential candidate. My thought was if he picked a great VP who could reign him in, I could consider voting for them. Now I'll be voting for Gary Johnson. I don't live in a swing state so my vote is irrelevant.

zohar

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 9:22 pm
I think it's all about the risk factor. Hillary will definitely be terrible. There is a chance that trump will be ok out decent, but there is also a chance he will be so much worse.
There is also the risk of him destroying the conservative brand. I am definitely not voting Hillary, but I am leaning closer and closer to sitting this one out.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 9:26 pm
Hillary will be a disAster to America. Eight horrible years of Obama was more than we can handle. We don't need a continuation of him. Hillary is as crooket as they come. I am not a Trump fan but I hate more Hillary than dislike him.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 10:32 pm
amother wrote:
Hillary will be a disAster to America. Eight horrible years of Obama was more than we can handle. We don't need a continuation of him. Hillary is as crooket as they come. I am not a Trump fan but I hate more Hillary than dislike him.

You should vote for whoever promises better schooling.

sushilover

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:19 pm
Anyone watching tonight?

Ivanka sounds like she forgot that she is not speaking at the DNC and Trump sounds like he forgot that he has a mike in front of him.

treestump

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:34 pm
sushilover wrote:
Anyone watching tonight?

Ivanka sounds like she forgot that she is not speaking at the DNC and Trump sounds like he forgot that he has a mike in front of him.

I haven't watched Donald's speech but I have watched Ivanka's and your comment is spot on! Wage equality? Affordable child care? Since when has that been part of the Republican - or the Donald's - platform??

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 12:04 am
Mr. Trump delivered a Really. Good. Speech.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics