Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Drama when daddy leaves country
Previous  1  2

12rivkyk34

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:35 pm
Sounds like it's been rough. A child who usually gets OT and stops over the summer can have a regression. Is there any way for you to get her a temp OT over the summer? There are so many therapists in the mountains. It sounds like it can help her a lot. If that's not a possibility, why don't you contact her OT from the city and tell her what's going on and ask for some daily regulatory excersizes to calm your dd?
Another idea is to make a large calendar on the wall. Put bbq on Sunday plus daddy waving good bye, swim on Monday, crafts on Tuesday. ..daddy driving in on Friday, seudahe on shabbos. This provides a clear visual reference for her to see what she can expect for the coming week.
Good luck!

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 9:52 pm
Oy.

He does bring treats and leaves little prizes for me to give them from him. Sometimes talking about this helps stave off the sadness a bit.

He is gone for a total of 4 out of the 7 days of each week. He leaves Sunday afternoon or evening and returns Thursday night. When he was in college they saw much less of him and seemed fine most of the time.

Tonight was much better. Maybe because she was already wiped out from the last two nights of madness. She did a little whining but didn't seem like her heart was in it, more like she's just in the habit of the drama. We did a little phone call but made it earlier in the day and on the way somewhere distracting so the weepiness got cut short and didn't return until bedtime.

Both kids are sleeping before 10. I can't even decide how to celebrate. Sleep sounds good but I've neglected so much housework and work work over this time. ..all that stuff I'd usually do between their bedtime and mine. .. my life is a small disaster right now.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics