Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Trip to Israel any advice ?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 9:22 am
I'm going to Israel iyh in 4 weeks with my 4 month old baby. I would love to hear from ppl that went. What were the nice places you visited? What abt restaurants? Any advice of what to take along? I will be there for 12 days. Hope to hear from u! Thanks

Liebs

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 2:08 pm
North, South, Jerusalem?!
SO much to do and so many restaurants...do you want indoor/outdoor activities....
where are you based out of?

Another mom

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 4:54 pm
ירושלים
גליל- גולן
יפו
קיסריה, שילה
The list is never ending B"H, a full day in the old city, Ir David. Haifa is nice but hot TA is very humid). Zichron is beautiful too.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 12:23 am
Staying one weekend in tFas and another in Jerusalem. I wanna do everything and anything interesting and nice. I'm planning to leave my baby at a sitter some days.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 9:07 am
amother wrote:
Staying one weekend in tFas and another in Jerusalem. I wanna do everything and anything interesting and nice. I'm planning to leave my baby at a sitter some days.

That is still rather vague.

Okay, without knowing very much about your tastes in fun, I'll recommend a few things in Yerushalayim:

- Kotel + Kotel tunnels (make reservations way ahead of time). Good to do mid-day, as a respite from the blazing summer sun.

- Temple Mount Sifting activity

- Ir David (bring water shoes).

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:47 am
What kind of shoes do I need for Israel? Sneakers? I want something open and airy and good for the landscape. Any suggestions?

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
What kind of shoes do I need for Israel? Sneakers? I want something open and airy and good for the landscape. Any suggestions?

Sneakers are good.

If you wear sandals, get yourself a very comfortable pair. Prioritize comfort over looks. Your feet will thank you!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 1:00 am
Any advice what to do when traveling to Israel with a baby? A 5 month old.. What abt for the flight? Any good babysitters u can recommend in yerushalayim and in tzfas?

Shuly

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 2:24 am
Get good sneakers for trips and a baby carrier to wear the baby in places where you can't bring a stroller.

I don't think you'll be able to book a babysitter in advance during vacation time.

Surprise

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:35 am
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics