Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to give playgroup teachers?

Alef Bais

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 2:31 pm
My son is ending playgroup this week. I'm wondering what would make a good thank you gift for my son's playgroup teachers. He has 3 in all, so please keep the overall cost in mind. Any suggestions?

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 4:42 pm
Playgroup teachers work really hard, it's nice of you to think of them. I would give chocolates or some form of edible something. It's very nice when people give #1 teacher thingies, but does a teacher really want all those things to find space for? I still have some from my former students and find that I don't really want to display them but don't want to get rid of them either, even though I'm not in touch with any of the students. Chocolate is a nice gesture and won't take up space anywhere but around the waistline. I definitely would have liked chocolate with a thank you note.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 5:02 pm
I do not think I gave anything. I alwasy paid in full and we attended really small playgroups with just a main teacher, the owner of the playgroup.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 10:35 am
I'm giving a $36 (can't really give less) Macys gift card to the 2 teachers. I gave chocolates for Chanukah. My son will have been there for 14 months.

Classicookie

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 12:58 pm
I was aa assitant teacher few a few years the thing I always loved were the beautiful notes the parents would write telling me how they felt that was always more imp to me then the gift

shlumzmum

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 1:10 pm
when my son finished playgroup I wrote a nice note for each teacher telling them how much they changed him become more mature and how much they tought him etc... and I gave them each a 20 dollar check. purim I gave them in the mishloach mones and a1 teacher "thing" and when I went to one of the teachers house I saw she has a shelf with all these teacher things so some of them do enjoy it.

bashinda

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 7:58 pm
I gave the playgroup owner a tip and she thought I had overpaid her.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 8:32 pm
I gave a shabbos lamp.

Bzgirl

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 9:47 pm
I would probably give a gift certificate to a gift shop. my s I l gives the teachers the latest book or cd with a nice card
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics