Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
So annoyed at Junees!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 6:03 pm
I was all excited about their summer sale. I figured a women's size XL would fit me, because I've recently lost weight, and am down to a size 10. According to their charts, it should fit. I double checked the listings, to make sure that the shirts were women's, and not juniors or childrens.

These shirts are so small, even my 13yo daughter can't get into them!

I paid a lot for shipping, plus I had to pay import tax to get them to Israel. I figured the sale price would even things out, and save me a trip to the shops. I guess this is what I get for not being able to try things on, but AAAAAARRGH!

What am I going to do with 9 "extra large" shirts that wouldn't fit an 8 year old heroin addict?

Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

Anyone out there have a kindergartner who needs a bunch of long sleeve shirts?

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 6:36 pm
I have had a similar experience with them. I can donate plenty of XLs that are too small and cant be returned cuz they were on sale. Im also a 10.

sourstix

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 6:40 pm
Oy that's upsetting. Maybe you could sell it to someone. If it has tags it should go. I was planning to go to June tomorrow.

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 6:42 pm
If youre there, its not a problem cuz u can tryem on. Ive bought excellent stuff from their store...

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 6:45 pm
sell them !!!

p.s. a heroine addict might prefer a more zexy shirt ~ just sayin'

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 7:17 pm
For future reference, their skirts fit true to size. I ordered 5 skirts on sale and they all fit as they should. But I got one size kids XL shirt for my 10yo daughter, and it was way too tiny. I'm thinking it might fit my underweight 6 year old...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 7:41 pm
greenfire wrote:
sell them !!!

p.s. a heroine addict might prefer a more zexy shirt ~ just sayin'

Yeah, but those long sleeves are so convenient for covering track marks. Confused

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 7:46 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Yeah, but those long sleeves are so convenient for covering track marks. Confused

a hoodie is preferable Confused

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 8:55 pm
I also can't figure out the mentality.... I was recently given an adult large for my extremely slender 8 year old dd. Don't they want to expand their clientele to the other 75% of regular sized people?

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 9:03 pm
I have had the same experience.. I generally order tops 2 sizes larger than my regular size when I order from them. It's really not nice to not have items true to size.

2cents

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 9:12 pm
Yup. Same experience. I recently went in to buy skirts for my sister (whose a size xxs :/ ) and none of the tops that I tried on fit me, even in the extra large. For reference, if I'm at macys or zara, depending on the cut of the shirt, I'm either a small or a medium.
I did get some sale skirts one in a large, one in xl. (I'm usually a 8-10) that fit well.

sushi galore

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 9:24 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Banging head Banging head Banging head

#1: You call them up and explain all this to them. And ask them what you're supposed to do.

#2: If you can't call them then email them but immediately. Don't wait till it's too late. Explain that their size chart is very misleading and if they don't treat you fairly you will dispute the charge for unusable goods. And then return them.

nursemomma

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 11:51 pm
I hear your frustration, ff. Unfortunately, sizing today has gone wonky. Perhaps try calling them and explain exactly what you have written here, I'm sure they'll be glad to help.
Also, not to sound preachy, but can you maybe change the title of the thread and remove the name of the store? This Forum is read by thousands of women....and it's a Jewish-owned store.

octopus

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 12:18 am
I just wanted to add something positive about junees even though their sizing runs small. Whenever I go down in person to the 18th avenue store, the sales girls are so nice and helpful. I've always had a pleasant experience. Always. It doesn't matter if I look fancy or not, I've always been helped in a pleasant way, and I never come out of that store empty handed. I've once visited the ave j store, and while it is definitely smaller (and I'm claustrophobic), I've always been helped in a pleasant way, as well, and always come home with something. It's the kind of store you need to try things on in-person.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 1:55 am
nursemomma wrote:
I hear your frustration, ff. Unfortunately, sizing today has gone wonky. Perhaps try calling them and explain exactly what you have written here, I'm sure they'll be glad to help.
Also, not to sound preachy, but can you maybe change the title of the thread and remove the name of the store? This Forum is read by thousands of women....and it's a Jewish-owned store.

Speaking as a customer in the Lakewood store, I am very curious to know what their response to FF is, should she call or email them. Please keep us updated.

I disagree about changing the thread title. She is being 100% truthful and people come here for accurate information.

sprayonlove

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 2:03 am
nursemomma wrote:

Sorry, but I don't think she should remove the name of the store because other women may search for junees to see whats been said about sizing. Reading and seeing this thread will save them a lot of inconvenience.

nursemomma

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 8:30 am
groisamomma wrote:

I disagree about changing the thread title. She is being 100% truthful and people come here for accurate information.

And to amother above (don't know how to quote 2 posters).
L"h includes true information as well...
As far as accurate info, perhaps the thread title can be changed to something more neutral (junees sizing for ex). He title here indicates something negative, and is l"h.
That saying, I was simply making a suggestion - Ff can decide for herself. Not taking anything personal here LOL

Simple1

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 8:39 am
octopus wrote:
I just wanted to add something positive about junees even though their sizing runs small. Whenever I go down in person to the 18th avenue store, the sales girls are so nice and helpful. I've always had a pleasant experience. Always. It doesn't matter if I look fancy or not, I've always been helped in a pleasant way, and I never come out of that store empty handed. I've once visited the ave j store, and while it is definitely smaller (and I'm claustrophobic), I've always been helped in a pleasant way, as well, and always come home with something. It's the kind of store you need to try things on in-person.

I notice the same thing in Lakewood, helpful sales help.

But yes, the sizing can be inconsistant sometimes true to size, and many times not.

FF, I feel for you. I'd be super mad too. I find buying online so tricky. Maybe those shirts were meant for women who like wearing things super tight.

sourstix

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 8:40 am
So let's try to be truthful and helpful without lh'

sourstix

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 8:41 am
Ff please call the store owner and speak to them. Tell them what you wrote here. They are very nice. Let us know what they tell you.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics