Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Terrible red diaper rash! Help!
Previous  1  2

mommyof2cuties

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:02 pm
When my kids had such severe daiper rashes I put a daiper cloth or a panty in his daiper area so that the pamper doesnt touch the skin and put balmex or amens powder. Within a few hours the rash was gone. Just make sure to keep on changing the daiper cuz u dont want his skin to be wet when he makes.

Good luck!

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:51 pm
If it's really terrible you might want to have it cultured, but this always worked for me, as has been mentioned above:
Bathe gently with warm water. No wipes.
Put on loose cloth diapers. (In the olden days we used them with rubber pants over them, but for rashes we'd skip the rubber pants.) Just put an old towel under the baby in case they leak.
Change as often as needed.
The air does wonders.
If appropriate, you might even try a very few minutes of sunlight on the exposed skin! Natural Vitamin D with no risk of fish allefgy!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 12:47 am
thick layer of desitin plus nystatin powder worked wonders.try pampers cruisers its much better for sensitive skin.clean area with wet paper towels rather than any wipes. good luck!!

Justlookup

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 6:45 am
The only thing that worked for me in these extreme situations was a powder called Miracle Clay by Natures Cure. They sell it in the frum health food stores in Brooklyn. I poured a little like baby powder and it really helped, especially when none of the regular creams did. Now I only use this.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:
thick layer of desitin plus nystatin powder worked wonders.try pampers cruisers its much better for sensitive skin.clean area with wet paper towels rather than any wipes. good luck!!

My baby recently had a really bad red diaper rash. It turned fungal. I Pu t on a medicated cream with nystatin powder and changed her frequently, using warm and damp paper towel to keep her dry. Within a week it was mostly gone.

mha3484

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 2:52 pm
I found my toddler was going through many diapers, they smelled awful and he was very irritated. I cut down a lot on dairy and it improved. I dont know if he was a touch lactose intolerant but it worked.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics