Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Anyone use an electric countertop grill?

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 2:58 am
I saw one advertised in a catalog; it sounded like a good idea. Does anyone have experience with one of these? Can you recommend a brand? Are they hard to clean? Does the food burn easily? Thanks for all input

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 3:28 am
I have one and I love it.

Make sure the plates come off because otherwise it is annoying to clean. If they come off, they can then go in the dishwasher or just be completely immersed in the sink.

You do want to get one that gets hot enough to actually grill meat.

Also, consider the amount of space you can cook in as some are fairly small and can only cook a relatively small amount of stuff at the same time.

There are models that close like the Foreman type but the most versatile are the ones that can be used open which doubles the grilling area or closed. Check out the Cuisinart model as it is well reviewed.

Mine grills very well but I wouldn't recommend because connected the plates don't come off so it is a pain to clean. I would use much more frequently if I could take them off and just clean in the sink or DW.

ETA I love how it cooks meat, fish and veggies when I use it. I hate cleaning it because of the non removable plates. Explaining the seeming contradiction of loving the grill but not recommending my model.

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 3:30 am
Do you mean the George Forman grills?
I have one. Use it for chicken cutlets, and fushets basically. Very good and easy to use. About washing, I most of the time use it with baking paper so that makes it even easier. No washing necessary. Just a wipe a way.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 5:27 am
I have a George Forman with removable plates. Love it. Goes in in dw. Use it every week.

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 3:41 pm
I wasn't referring to the Foreman. I meant one that plugs in and has a wide surface. I think the first respondent is referring to the same thing.

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 3:52 pm
Mine has a wide surface and doesn't fold but since it can be stored upright, it slides into a nice narrow space.

Are you looking for a griddle or a grill pan. A griddle has a flat surface and is great for pancakes. A grill pan has ridged surface. Some of the ones with removable plates function as both as you flip over.

Some can work closed or open so you have a theoretically larger surface. Be careful because not all grills heat up high enough to get a nice grilling effect.

If you have a gas stove, a good grill plan can probably achieve the same result.

fiji

Post Sun, Sep 04 2016, 3:56 pm
yes yes yes!!!!!
I never especially wanted one. Someone recently gave us one as a gift and it has been amazing!
I use it primarily for veggies. I just smear on some soy sauce and put it in the grill and let it sit. I come back 10 mins later and they are perfect. It is also great for grilling chicken, burgers and other proteins.
Super easy to clean as long as the plates come off. small enough to store easily. Food doesnt burn easily and comes out delish!

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 1:04 am
fiji, what brand do you have?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen