Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What color crocs do you have or would you get?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 6:24 am
I have noticed a few days ago that they have started selling Crocs in a few shops here. I dunno who will wear them, but not me. I would not be surprised to see them at shul in a few weeks/months.

I find them so ugly personally. I prefer a nice pair of sneakers 100 times.

PinkandYellow

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 6:41 am
everyone raves about how comfotable they are but I found the bumps inside uncomfortable. also, is there a real diff in comfiness bet the real ones and imitations (lets say a good imitation, not the cheapest thing the store has)?

willow

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 7:35 am
Ruchel wrote:
I have noticed a few days ago that they have started selling Crocs in a few shops here. I dunno who will wear them, but not me. I would not be surprised to see them at shul in a few weeks/months.

I feel bad But I also find them really ugly

Dini

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 8:24 am
willow wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

I feel bad But I also find them really ugly

why do you feel bad?

willow

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 8:54 am
I don't know:)))

Isramom8

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 9:21 am
Funny, I never knew that crocs were considered ugly until I read an American ad that said they are ugly but comfortable. In Israel, people wear them everywhere informal, and sometimes even to shul, especially on Tisha B'av or Yom Kippur. They are great at the beach or a pool! Mine are pink because it's cheery. My 13 yo son has black, but after his bar mitzva he was asked not to wear them to cheder. My little kids have blue and fushcia. One teacher wondered why all the kids were wearing "slippers" to school, and disallowed it, but then allowed it except on gym days. All crocs here are 199 shekel (close to $50) for any size, and there are a few takeoffs, some better than others, that are way cheaper. Israelis think crocs are totally cool. We live in them! My Down Syndrome uncle was the first in the family to receive them as a gift, and my kids thought he looked so cool, and they all wished for the same shoes. The salesman offered them to his guardian at half price; that was nice.

In America, do the crocs have optional cute accesories that fit in the holes, such as those sold in Israel?

shoy18

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 9:26 am
the little "charms" they sell here in America too. I dont have crocs but ds does they are a khaki green, but not like the regular ones they have a little more support and some camouflage on them.

Mishie

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 9:27 am
Those decorations are adorable!
Where do you get them?

So - are kids wearing the crocs to school or not?

shoy18

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 9:31 am
they are called jibbitz (the charms)

mima

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 1:27 pm
I bought black one, and dh fancied them. So I let him have those and then got myself another pair in red.
I wear them out the house - but only if I'm not wearing a/thing pink!!!

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 1:39 pm
so I think the only color that is NOT nuetral is pink and purple ...

green is for sure good for both boys and girls ... I think his looked more like "froggy green" ... hey that's my description ... Nervous

willow ... I think they are ugly too ... and a bunch of "croc" that everyone has to have them too ...

Sregion28

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 1:40 pm
I have brown and so do my kids. We wear them everywhere, I dont think I've worn another pair of shoes all summer except for on Shabbos. My kids wear them to school and shul, but they are little (3 & 4). They are perfect- you can run in them, wear them to the pool, in the water, really anywhere!

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 5:37 pm
I wear pink ones...and have no problem wearing them everywhere! LOL

Actually, they are pretty much the only pair of shoes I wear now that I am hugely pregnant and finding it impossible to tie my shoes....

timeout

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 6:35 pm
I've got lime green, orange, blue, black Smile..................

lakewood mom

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 6:59 pm
I have green and dh has yellow. they are so comfy!

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 7:27 pm
MommyLuv wrote:
I wear pink ones...and have no problem wearing them everywhere! LOL

Actually, they are pretty much the only pair of shoes I wear now that I am hugely pregnant and finding it impossible to tie my shoes....

hey you reminded me with one of my pregnancies I wore "berkenstocks" and p.s. they were green ...

Isramom8

Post Sat, Aug 25 2007, 4:01 pm
"Jibbitz" is a cute term for the add-ons that fit in the holes. I think in Israel they are called "kafchorim", a play on the words for "buttons" and "holes". A woman told me that this is the term, and SHE was the one to coin it, but no one I ask has heard of this term!

I'd advise the pregnant mom to wear designer sneakers instead of crocs. Due to insufficient support, my ligaments stretched too far when I was expecting numbers 7 and 8. I needed physical therapy and now I will require special inserts (worn with designer sneakers or orthopedic shoes) for the rest of my life. A warning.

hadasa

Post Sat, Aug 25 2007, 8:23 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
"Jibbitz" is a cute term for the add-ons that fit in the holes. I think in Israel they are called "kafchorim", a play on the words for "buttons" and "holes". A woman told me that this is the term, and SHE was the one to coin it, but no one I ask has heard of this term!

I'd advise the pregnant mom to wear designer sneakers instead of crocs. Due to insufficient support, my ligaments stretched too far when I was expecting numbers 7 and 8. I needed physical therapy and now I will require special inserts (worn with designer sneakers or orthopedic shoes) for the rest of my life. A warning.

Thank you. Spending the end of my pregnancy in Israel, I thought I was the only pregnant woman in the world still wearing shoes with some support. Here some people wear crocs to weddings. Rolling Eyes

mommyX2

Post Sat, Aug 25 2007, 11:32 pm
cotton candy pink.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 25 2007, 11:42 pm
I think they get stuck on Escalators .
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics