Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
My search for a wedding album
1  2  Next

Do you have a wedding album?
yes, got it right away  
 21%  [ 10 ]
yes, got it within a year  
 54%  [ 25 ]
yes, got it years later  
 4%  [ 2 ]
no, I never got around to it  
 13%  [ 6 ]
no, can't afford it  
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 46

lamplighter

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 1:47 am
my wedding "package" didnt come with one and for some reason I really want one. Many of u might not think much of it but I think it's beautiful.
I still look at my grandparents' from time to time....

anyway the photographer quoted 600 dollars to start.
I don't know if Ill be able to afford that in the next 10 years,
any ideas of someplace/some way to do it cheaper?

su7kids

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 1:49 am
If you have the pictures on a DVD you can use snapfish to create an album, or a new one I just met called mypublisher.com which is awesome. I scanned my parents' wedding album (52 years old) and created a copy of the album for myself and my brother. It cost $50.

(The album was mouldy).

I also want to do my own pictures, because we never made an album, 29 years ago.

MrsLeo

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 3:02 am
We never got any prints of our wedding pictures from the photographer. My husbands family knows the photographer personally so he just gave us every single picture he shot on a dvd. My husband touched up the pictures in photoshop and as a present for me, he went to the photo store and got a really nice album and printed the pictures that he wanted and put them in. Its not like those huge albums that everyone has but its really nice and didnt cost a lot at all.
Some photographers dont want you to go somewhere else to print the pictures so they either dont give out pictures on cd at all or they make you pay for it.

greentiger

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 3:08 am
My photographer just gave us a pile of all the pictures in the wrong order (yeah for some reason he thought I told him that I wanted to arrange it) along with 2 mismatched albums thats still sitting up on a top shelf somewhere waiting patiently for someone to come and sort out.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 3:53 am
We have one album for civil and one for religious, and tons of "free" pics we keep with the albums. For the religious wedding, we also have the dvd of the event Smile

Raisin

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 4:59 am
When my sister got married, they never had an album made, just the proofs. For their tenth wedding anniversary, my parents called the photographer and had him make them an album.

We had a lousy photographer (he didn't get one good picture of the 2 of us, although the other pictures were ok) but his package was a big album for the chassan and kalla, and a small one for each set of parents.

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 5:05 am
We also had a lousy photographer and had the same package as you Raisin - maybe we had the same business?

The worst part is my sil had the same business do theirs and they didn't like them either and they went first!! My inlaws thought they were ok and so we got them...always ask for references from more than one person!

Also, re. the cds with pictures on them. Many times they are locked so you can't get the pictures off of them, so even if you pay for a cd, you can't get the pics. They want the money, so you'll always have to go back to them.

Maya

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 8:24 am
I know of some people who didnt' have an album included in their package, but they wanted one.

I don't know exactly how it's done, or how much it costs, but there is a place in Brooklyn you should check. I know many friends did their wedding album there. It's Classic Album.

www.classicalbum.com

pinktichel

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 10:02 am
la456, s/o in my building (ch) just started working with another photographer to make wedding albums online. They're not like the typical ones you get for $600 but they are gorgeous!!

if you want more info, pm me. She'll do all the work for you and I think it costs under $100

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 10:07 am
we received the proof album along with "grandparents" albums our album ... for me it was worth it ...

now I could do what I want if I wanted to ...

but photographers typically do not give the pictures so you can keep them in business ...

do you at least have pictures ... proofs ... so that you can set up something in a diy fashion ...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 10:09 am
We didn't have money when we got married. I bought an album and put the pictures in. Didn't cost much.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 10:12 am
I forgot to mention that I definately had a baby before the "album" was finished ... and it took time to choose proofs to set up the albums ... but was FUN and a beautiful set of memories ...

lamplighter

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 11:01 am
pinktichel are u talking about a photobook? like su7 mentioned, we tried one on shutterfly but it didnt really do it for us. I cna't explain, its far from the same. if u are speaking of somehting else id love to hear about it.

we do have the origional pictue dvd's and they are not locked.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 11:05 am
Green, back in ye olden days, most evryone had a baby before their album was ready . . you're dating yourself by saying that . .

red sea

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 12:17 pm
I saw someones album they did themselves scrapbooking the whole thing, it was really pretty.

lamplighter

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 1:53 pm
im not artistic but my husband is and he is awesome on the comp I.e. photoshop,

CM im nto sure I understand ur last comment.

classicalbums run how much? I went to the website and u need a password to get a price list.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 2:55 pm
My photographer was seriously ill, so it put pressure on us to
choose our proofs and make our album .

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 4:58 pm
la456 wrote:
CM im nto sure I understand ur last comment.

So ask me. do you know how to quote?

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 5:05 pm
My mother in law bought me an album, I put in the proofs that I liked, and that's it!

Our photographer didn't do albums, and in the end, I wasn't excited enough about the pics to spend extra money to have a professional album put together.

nicole81

Post Sat, Aug 25 2007, 10:41 pm
The package I paid for included a big 8X10 album, parent's albums, and various sized portraits. Unfortunately, we took too long to select the prints we wanted from the proofs and the photographer died. so no albums and a lot of $$$ down the drain.

We have the proofs at least, and I want to do something nice myself.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics