Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Tablecloths lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 10:49 am
Where would you recommend to buy good quality well priced tablecloths? For shabbos table... ( but up to date)

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 10:56 am
Try Closeout Connections.

sky

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 10:57 am
Cheapest end: Closeout connections has a nice selection of washable tablecloths. I've used some of them for years and they really held up nicely.
Steinmentz: In her house, assortment of prices

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 12:55 pm
Do they sell fake leather tablecloths? I hate washing mine every week...

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:

Closeout Connection advertises they have them -- supposedly in just a few sizes.
Steinmetz makes them to order; you pick the colors, size, style. Pricing is pretty reasonable.

sky

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:

Doesn't it take longer to sit and wipe down a tablecloth then to wash it. I've been thinking about getting one, but am trying to figure out how it is faster, or if it makes sense.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 2:34 pm
My mother has a leather one. Takes minutes to clean, no iorning.. Very worthwhile investment! They are also so modern and pretty (in my humble opioin..)

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 2:47 pm
sky wrote:
Doesn't it take longer to sit and wipe down a tablecloth then to wash it. I've been thinking about getting one, but am trying to figure out how it is faster, or if it makes sense.

Same here, I keep thinking of getting one but wondering how it is cleaned.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 2:59 pm
Windex and shmatteh! Let windex sitt on stain for 5 mins then wipe down. If comes out very easily, only thing to be careful of is wine/grapejuice stains- when the stain sits it doesnt come off so easily.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 3:01 pm
Bored@work wrote:
Windex and shmatteh! Let windex sitt on stain for 5 mins then wipe down. If comes out very easily, only thing to be careful of is wine/grapejuice stains- when the stain sits it doesnt come off so easily.

Thanks for posting.

I wonder what DH will say about being allowed to shpritz it down on Shabbos/Yom Tov.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 3:04 pm
Good Q. We do it Mt Shbs tho. The problem was the seder with all those grape juice spills, so the nxt night we (ironically) used a plastic tablecloth ontop of the leather one (the reason why my mother bought it was to elimanate plastic tablecloths!) and it stayed clean throughout yt. If you have a grapejuice stain and clean it right after shbbs it should come out.
It's MUCH eaiser than washing and ironing a real one every week. iyH will treat myself to one this yt.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 3:06 pm
Yeah, just asked DH and he said it would be problematic. But as long as it could come out if you do it right after....I'm going to think about this as I could use a new tablecloth.....It could also be very nice for the Succah.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 3:08 pm
http://www.thecloseoutconnecti.....3.htm

These are pretty and very decent priced.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 3:31 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Yeah, just asked DH and he said it would be problematic. But as long as it could come out if you do it right after....I'm going to think about this as I could use a new tablecloth.....It could also be very nice for the Succah.

Why is it problematic? Is shpritzing a countertop or table problematic?

mommyla

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 3:36 pm
Trendsettings sells them too, not sure about pricing, but I think you can custom-order. I'm thinking about buying one for the Sukkah this year. I think I'll check out the Closeout Connections tablecloths.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 3:37 pm
mommyla wrote:
Trendsettings sells them too, not sure about pricing, but I think you can custom-order. I'm thinking about buying one for the Sukkah this year. I think I'll check out the Closeout Connections tablecloths.

If the colors & sizes from Closeout Connections work for you, they are much cheaper than having one custom made. If you want different colors or sizes, though, I believe that Steinmetz is cheapest for that.

L K

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 5:18 pm
I got a beautiful white tablecloth from close out connection a few years ago. It washes great, and doesn't need any ironing! I use shout on grape juice stains but never really checked maybe they'd come out without treatment.

energybar

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 8:17 pm
If u don't wanna spend a crazy amount u can always go to stitch n sew and find leather on a roll in the color/ pattern u want. Everyone doing it and it's great. U can even ask them which ones are popular. Don't even need to finish the ends. ..

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 1:03 pm
amother wrote:
Why is it problematic? Is shpritzing a countertop or table problematic?

AFAIK there's no issur of "kvisah" (laundering) on a countertop or table (though one must be careful not to do schitah - squeezing - when spritzing it down) because it is not considered absorbent fabric. But a leather or leather-like tablecloth has a different status because it can be considered a fabric.

I'm not paskening here - ask your LOR.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 1:26 pm
Chayalle wrote:
AFAIK there's no issur of "kvisah" (laundering) on a countertop or table (though one must be careful not to do schitah - squeezing - when spritzing it down) because it is not considered absorbent fabric. But a leather or leather-like tablecloth has a different status because it can be considered a fabric.

I'm not paskening here - ask your LOR.

Maybe I'm not understanding what these tablecloths are then. My impression is that they are some sort of impermeable plastic. Is this not true?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics