Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Maternity clothing on a budget

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:01 am
I am b"h expecting with baby #1, so I don't have any clothing from a previous pregnancy. I need tops for during the week and some skirts (which are so expensive!) and some things for yom tov- I am at 32 weeks so I really have a bump and most styles, even in a larger size, don't really fit right. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

susanp

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:53 am
try looking at Loft, Old Navy, and Gap. Target also has a maternity section.

piegirl

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 6:43 am
I bought at Asos and target. I really don't like old navy maternity but in store where you can see what you are buying you might have more luck.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:03 am
I just buy extra large shirts and skirts with elastic waists. I wear them until I give birth and they fit after birth too.

For shabbos I have a few large jackets that I wear with a large size shell underneath and elastic waist skirt.

bsy

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:13 am
Zulily.com has cheap tops. New things added daily. For Shabbos skirts, I just got in Jewish stores-no choice really.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 8:54 am
I got really inexpensive tops from Motherhood Maternity. Their sales are excellent. I got tshirts for $5-$10 and knit tops for $15-$20

twolilgirlies

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 12:01 am
dunno where you live, but in Lakewood there is a maternity store called MB/Maternity Boutique - that has basic nice skirts in lots of colors for a very decent price and when they have a sale you can really get a great deal.
Also did ON, and Asos, didn't like motherhood at all cuz they have the same things from year to year and never change styles. I also don't like anything that ties in the back and most of their stuff do too
also, a pea in the pod is quiet expensive but you may be able to find really nice things on their clearance racks for a good price.

lucky14

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 12:14 am
http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/ they have sales all the time.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Sep 22 2016, 12:20 am
You can sometimes find really good deals on eBay for gently used maternity clothes. I just bought a maternity dress with shipping for about $10-11 there. It was a Target brand dress in almost new condition.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics