Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What SSRIs are available in Israel?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 10:16 am
Especially interested in if you can get Cipralex/Lexapro. Can any doctor write the prescription or does it have to be a therapist?

Thanks

Marion

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 1:07 pm
If it's a mental health medication only a psychiatrist can write the prescription (the first time); a family physician can renew it twice or three times after that.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 1:23 pm
Cipralex is common here.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 2:00 pm
Marion wrote:
If it's a mental health medication only a psychiatrist can write the prescription (the first time); a family physician can renew it twice or three times after that.

Not true;

A family doctor can prescribe Cipralax. They can also prescribe stronger anti-depressants. Not all doctors are comfortable doing this but the kupa allows them to .

A therapist CAN NOT if they tell you they can give you meds and they are not a psychiatrist RUN.

I would advise getting an evaluation from a Psychiatrist, because the family doctors don't necessarily know anything about mental health and some meds can do more harm then good if they are given for the wrong disorders. The kupa has psychiatrists and they pay for 4 visits a year .

I have a great private one who Meuhedet C gives you back 80% if you want the info.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:
Especially interested in if you can get Cipralex/Lexapro. Can any doctor write the prescription or does it have to be a therapist?

Thanks

All of them are available and yes you can get cipralex no problem. Your family dr or psychiatrist would need to prescribe it

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 2:44 pm
My family doctor on Macabbi prescribes cipralex for me. Never saw a psychiatrist.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 3:09 pm
I can get Israeli equivalents of Zoloft, Buspar, and Depakote. You CANNOT get Latuda here for love nor money. It's only available in Canada and the US. Having to taper down off of it right after making Aliyah was a nightmare!

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 4:24 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I can get Israeli equivalents of Zoloft, Buspar, and Depakote. You CANNOT get Latuda here for love nor money. It's only available in Canada and the US. Having to taper down off of it right after making Aliyah was a nightmare!
latuda isn't a ssri
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions