Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
More locker room talk!!

WhatFor

Post Wed, Oct 12 2016, 11:56 pm
Did you know that perfectly normal 46 year old men look at 10 year old girls and then discuss them in a zexual context? I certainly didn't!
For example, here is a video of a perfectly normal man- no, a role model of a man- who is now running to hold the most prestigious position in what is arguably the most powerful country in the world (for now) and in this video, he sees a 10 year old girl and says he'll be dating her in 10 years. (I assume by "dating" he doesn't mean sit in the Trump tower lobby and sip cups of coke while talking about which nusach she uses to daven.)
Now the last time an old video was released of this role model, he was talking about how he enjoyed grabbing womens' pu$$ies, which sounded to many of us like he was boasting about zexually assaulting women, but it turns out, he wasn't! Silly us, this was mere "locker room talk" and all men do it! Your dhs, your sons, all of them do it, they simply can't control it and there is nothing we women can do about it because we'll never understand the struggle of men. Also, locker room talk doesn't just happen in locker rooms- it happens anywhere, but we call that all "locker room" talk. It's simply when men talk to each other in their special man language, which we silly and sensitive women will never understand.
Anyway, I was just so surprised to learn that "locker room talk" also presumably includes checking out 10 year old as potential future lovers! Did you already know this? Do the men in your life also talk like this? Am I, once again, the last to know? TIA!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mo.....ears/

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 1:34 am
My dad used to have guys tell him all the time "Better get your shotgun ready, your daughter is going to be a real looker!" and stuff like that. With some girls, you can see that they will grow up to have great cheekbones, be tall and thin, etc.

My dad is in his 70's, so I'm assuming this is a generational thing. It's a totally awkward, inappropriate, sexist way of "giving a compliment." I'm sure that most people in that age bracket have heard things, or even said things, that were excruciatingly cringeworthy.

Don't even get me started on my grandmother's comments on why she's not a "real" racist! Rolling Eyes

grace413

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 3:00 am
In the 3 hours I've been up today news reports have gone from 2 accusers to 5 accusers.

baschabad

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 3:05 am
An older guest (like in his 50s) said to my 6 year old daughter "you have a shayne punim. Do you know what that means? It means be careful."
I've spent my life since then trying to come up with an appropriate response to what I believe was a highly inappropriate "compliment".

WhatFor

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 8:38 am
baschabad wrote:
An older guest (like in his 50s) said to my 6 year old daughter "you have a shayne punim. Do you know what that means? It means be careful."
I've spent my life since then trying to come up with an appropriate response to what I believe was a highly inappropriate "compliment".

Ew. Yeah,and even if these men are not exactly looking at the women like zex objects themselves, it shows that they're focusing on little girls' looks as their value. Although, like FF said, that does make sense from an "old school" perspective, because that's pretty much what women were good for back in the day.

treestump

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:01 am
All I can say is, this so gross. Ew. I hope this pervert does not become president.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:08 am
I truly believe we are seeing the kiyum of something Rabbi Reisman's said: that there are times when Hashem makes cataclysmic things happen to effect a new world order. I hope and pray that we are not going to see such dramatic changes. But that Trump could get this far, when the Republican powers that be knew that any normal candidate could defeat Clinton (and under normal circumstances her emails would have been enough to disqualify her), we are seeing Divine mind control along the lines of Paroh's heardened heart.
So while I'm worried about the escalation of chevlei Moshiach, I'm calm in my knowledge that Hashem is running the world, according to a plan we can't fathom, but it's a good one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics