Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Kiryat Gat

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 2:07 am
Does anyone on this forum live there or know someone who does? Are there English speakers there at all? There is a serious possibility that we will be considering a move there and would love to hear more. Can anyone tell me about the community there?
Thanks?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 3:46 am
Yes my grandmother lives there. Theres nothing to do there and its very very hot

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 6:19 am
Well that sounds very encouraging! Wink
Anybody else?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:14 am
I know there is a crowd of ger chassidim, and belz chassidim.
In the ger chassidim there are not to many english speakers.
It seems like a nice and quiet place to live. Away from major hustle bustle.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:36 am
I am trying to figure out if that is better or not. I can't say I am so excited about this possibility....

Tablepoetry

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 10:57 am
Just a quick peek at wikipedia (which you've likely done) shows the socio-economic level is 4 out of ten, and only 56% get a high school bagrut. In other words, the population is struggling, with all the implications.
I would look carefully into schools, even visiting schools you want to send to (if you have kids). Do you have kids? How old are they?
Also, where would you work?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:12 am
If the area interests you, maybe consider Even Shmuel, a small but growing religious yishuv right on the outskirts of Kiryat Gat. There are about 20 Anglo families out of about 200. The housing looks like it's in Arizona. I've only visited, but I was impressed.

bluebaker

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:49 am
There are nice places to see and interesting neighborhoods. People take pride in their homes and the religious communities are very vibrant. The people are also helpful. It is a development township/city so there are socio-economic issues that come with that factor.

The surrounding area of Amatzia and the moshavim in the area are quite nice. There is nothing lacking in K.Gat.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:59 am
Here is the information on Even Shmuel. Its a lovely place.
http://www.nbn.org.il/gosouth/.....muel/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions