Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Windows that Twist Open

amother
Black

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 2:11 pm
Does anyone know how to clean windows that twist open? I would love to find an apparatus that will allow me to reach and wash the outside of my windows while I'm inside since I live on an upper floor and cannot reach it from outside.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 2:20 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Magneti.....RIFBU

Be mindful that the exterior will not get as clean as doing it by hand due to your inability to apply cleaning solution to the outside. I use a rather old version of this since I have two large windows (full pane plate glass) that are difficult to reach from the outside due to a flower bed.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 2:25 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Window-Cleaner-Double-Sided/dp/B009FRIFBU

Be mindful that the exterior will not get as clean as doing it by hand due to your inability to apply cleaning solution to the outside. I use a rather old version of this since I have two large windows (full pane plate glass) that are difficult to reach from the outside due to a flower bed.

Thanks so much! How does it work? Somehow I imagined some sort of stick that could be held outside while I stand inside.

Kumphort

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 3:05 pm
Oh wow this looks cool. I need to get one as well

It looks like it has a strong magnet on it you put it on from the part of the window you can reach and control it from the piece on the inside

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 3:24 pm
Kumphort wrote:
Oh wow this looks cool. I need to get one as well

It looks like it has a strong magnet on it you put it on from the part of the window you can reach and control it from the piece on the inside

I bought mine in England decades ago when I saw a window washer using one. Mine is rather beefy and it doesn't slide with ease because of the power of the magnet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics