Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Update on Huma Abedin- Immense sadness and disappointment
1  2  3  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:26 pm
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/.....kdown

Huma Abedin Said To Suffer Emotional Breakdown

by Tyler Durden
Nov 11, 2016 8:34 PM

While most of the attention in the past week has been on Hillary Clinton, and her reaction to the "shocking" election outcome, the reality is that Hillary's life is set with or without the presidency, and absent some major FBI-related escalation, she will live a comfortable life after her separation from politics courtesy of the millions in fees collected from speeches and the money dumped into the Clinton Foundation (whose donors may now demand refunds, as the Clintons no longer have any political favors to repay).

However, one other person who has been far more severely impacted is Hillary's close, right-hand aide, Huma Abedin, whose estranged husband many - including John Podesta himself - claim was the catalyst that caused Hillary's sudden drop in the polls in the week prior to the election, and may have cost Clinton the presidency. Worse, with her boss now out of politics, Huma suddenly finds herself in a dead-end career, with few accomplishments outside of the Clinton campaign to point to, a looming divorce and a potential criminal probe.

Now, according to the Daily Mail, it may have all finally hit Huma, who appears to have suffered an emotional breakdown, weeping "openly as she returns to campaign headquarters where she and her aides ran doomed bid to elect Hillary Clinton."

The UK paper adds that Clinton's closest aide Huma Abedin "wept in the street as she approached the failed campaign's headquarters in Brooklyn."

"Abedin ventured out of her Manhattan apartment and went to the office three days after President-elect Donald Trump shocked the world by defeating Clinton. She approached the tall building with stunning views which had until Tuesday been filled with staff an volunteers carrying a bag and a purse. The pain and emotion of the situation were clearly visible on the face of the long-time loyalist, despite the dark large-frame sunglasses that covered her eyes."
The Mail adds that "at one point Abedin's lip quivered and she wiped her eyes as she took the emotional journey back to work."

What made the loss especially painful for Huma is that she herself may have played a role in it: two weeks ago it was revealed that the reason the FBI had reopened its Clinton email probe, which caused a sharp drop in her approval rating, was because of the FBI's parallel investigation into the laptop of "her pervert estranged husband Anthony Weiner".

It was Comey 'who we think may have cost us the election,' campaign chair John Podesta said on a post-election campaign conference call, The Hill reported. The implication: it was indirectly Anthony Weiner's fault, and thus Huma is left with a big part of the unspoken blame.

After the FBI bombshell, Abedin was suddenly off Clinton's campaign plane for several days, missing high-profile campaign events in swing states with Jennifer Lopez, March Anthony, Beyonce, and Jay Z.
But she re-emerged to hold a Washington D.C. fundraiser with Vogue editor Anna Wintour on the Friday before the election where she was photographed smiling.

As the Mail notes, "it isn't known what's in store for the longtime Clinton aide now that her boss isn't going to the White House."

While at the State Department Abedin also was able to get special dispensation to also work part-time for the Clinton-linked firm Teneo as well as the foundation following the birth of her son Jordan, now four.

Campaign employment typically ends immediately after a defeat, as campaign work to pay off vendors and close up shop.

Adding to family difficulties, Weiner has been made virtually unemployable by his sexting scandal. He is currently in a rehab facility that treats people with s-xual addictions. He left a job at a PR firm after a revolt from fellow partners at the firm, although he has provided televised commentary on politics in New York.
Then there is the overhang of a possible follow-up probe into Hillary which means that Abedin's future has more than just career uncertainty hanging over it. Trump has warned that he could appoint a special prosecutor to look into Clinton's email scandal. Separately, an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation has been under way for some time, looking at allegations of influence peddling. Abedin's role in the foundation is likely to form a part of that probe, especially when she was paid by it and the State Department.

Damaging Wikileaks emails showed her receiving messages from Doug Band, Bill Clinton's right-hand man who effectively ran the foundation until around 2011 asking for State Department access for what he referred to as 'friends of ours' or 'good friend' - and who were also donors to the Foundation.

The discussion over the possibility of a pardon for Clinton herself is also uncomfortable as it would be likely to lead to calls for those who reported to her to be investigated more fully.

On the other hand, a pardon for 40-year-old Abedin would effectively end any possibility of her taking part in public life in the future.

While we commiserate with Huma who was merely doing the bidding of Hillary and hoping to get ahead, and is hardly responsible for her husband's cheating, the biggest irony in all of it, is that just as Trump's presidential chances were vastly underestimated by everyone, so were his warnings going as far back as 2013 that Anthony Weiner would ultimately cause harm and "calamity" to those around him.

Not only did Weiner bring down Huma, he may have also cost Hillary the presidency. If only someone had taken Trump seriously back then, Hillary Clinton may well have been president today.

bluebird

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:37 pm
If anyone doubts the amount of damage an addict can wreak on their family and associates, you have a great example in Anthony Weiner, zex and zexting addict. Regardless of politics, I feel true compassion for Huma Abedin. Her exhusband put her through heck and I can't imagine how humiliated and awful she must have felt (when it was no fault of her own). Sad

Last edited by bluebird on Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

groovy1224

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:40 pm
Anthony Weiner didn't cost Hillary the presidency...Hillary cost Hillary the presidency.

Either way I feel sorry for Huma, and the terrible position she's in now.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:44 pm
With all the favors and deal$ she did for Saudi Arabia, at the instruction of Hillary, perhaps she can get a well paying job there.

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:47 pm
Wife of an addict here. There was so much going on in this election that I projected my stuff on. It's been very intense.

I feel like the country chose a s-xual predator as their leader. I was traumatized and triggered by the enablers.. especially when people used Bill's betrayal against Hillary during the campaign.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
especially when people used Bill's betrayal against Hillary during the campaign.

WRONG! What hurt Hillary more was HILLARY's name-calling threatening and endangering Bill's victims, as if they alone were at fault!

Maya

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
WRONG! What hurt Hillary more was HILLARY's name-calling threatening and endangering Bill's victims, as if they alone were at fault!

Uh, it's not wrong. It's the truth.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 9:57 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Either way I feel sorry for Huma, and the terrible position she's in now.

Huma was too loyal an employee, seeing no wrong when Hillary was VERY wrong and doing criminal things. Huma had to have known that Hillary was endangering US citizens, government personnel, etc, with putting top secret information on private email servers.

Also Huma was involved in "Pay for Play" with donors to the Clinton Foundation.

Also what about the dirty tricks that Wasserman Shultz played during the primary that Huma had to have known about. C'mon.

I wouldnt consider Huma innocent. She did ANYTHING to get her boss elected.

Sleezy politician to the "T"!

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 10:06 pm
amother wrote:

I was talking about what hurt me.

And I meant slogans like this:

https://www.amazon.com/EVEN-BI.....R6B50

I don't know if I (or you) would be better than her in that position.

I know I haven't forgiven my husband's "girls", two of whom I knew socially and no longer speak to. I cannot imagine how I would have handled his dirt in the public eye.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:
I was talking about what hurt me.

And I meant slogans like this:

https://www.amazon.com/EVEN-BI.....R6B50

I don't know if I (or you) would be better than her in that position.

I know I haven't forgiven my husband's "girls", two of whom I knew socially and no longer speak to. I cannot imagine how I would have handled his dirt in the public eye.

I hear you, and each case is different, but from what Ive read Hillary's reason for staying with Bill and not looking for a stable faithful marriage partner was her political ambition! She definitely would have been able to support herself without Bill and could have left him after his first rendezvous!

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 10:35 pm
amother wrote:
I hear you, and each case is different, but from what Ive read Hillary's reason for staying with Bill and not looking for a stable faithful marriage partner was her political ambition! She definitely would have been able to support herself without Bill and could have left him after his first rendezvous!

And hearing these judgements from people who have no idea what that hell is like for a woman in her position makes me feel sick all over again.

"She stayed for the money"
"For the kids"
"For the power"

For whatever it was. Just stop. Please stop.

Maya

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
And hearing these judgements from people who have no idea what that hell is like for a woman in her position makes me feel sick all over again.

"She stayed for the money"
"For the kids"
"For the power"

For whatever it was. Just stop. Please stop.

🙁

youngishbear

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 11:38 pm
amother wrote:

This is the kind of thing I meant when I was kvetching about misogyny in another thread. A lot of the negativity about her is based on expectations of what women ought to do and how Hillary didn't fit the image of "perfect" women the country had at the time, going back to the 70s.

Much of the cloud around her is built by innuendo and her enemies' efforts to discredit her, rather than actual wrongdoing. (Not that she's pure as the driven snow... but posts like these prove my point.)

octopus

Post Sat, Nov 12 2016, 11:47 pm
I honestly feel bad for Huma on a personal level. Anthony weiner never seems to go away. But do I think she is a good person? not really. So I have sympathy up until a point.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 12:54 am
I can't believe what I'm reading
A group of supposedly frum Jewish women feel bad for an evil antisemite
shock shock

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 2:12 am
I think most of us are mature enough to separate our political leanings from our personal sympathies.

I don't think that how a person conducts her marriage has much bearing on her political behavior. As a society, we are very forgiving of male politicians who cheat on their wives. Why not compartmentalize here?

ora_43

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:10 am
She's crying, so she's having a "breakdown" Confused .

She's having a really terrible few weeks. Of course she's crying. Most people would in her shoes.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:23 am
You know what would make me feel bad for her? If she gets hit with criminal charges and Hillary doesn't. Not that I think that Hillary should, her life has fallen apart enough, but for Abedin to take the heat and no one else makes no sense to me.
And everyone talks about pardons, but can you pardon someone before s/he's been charged and found guilty?

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:25 am
PinkFridge wrote:
You know what would make me feel bad for her? If she gets hit with criminal charges and Hillary doesn't. Not that I think that Hillary should, her life has fallen apart enough, but for Abedin to take the heat and no one else makes no sense to me.
And everyone talks about pardons, but can you pardon someone before s/he's been charged and found guilty?

So was listening to former mayor Giuliani yesterday, and according to him, yes. But it is an admission of guilt.
She can be crying because she is also out of a job....

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:32 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
I can't believe what I'm reading
A group of supposedly frum Jewish women feel bad for an evil antisemite
shock shock

You know, when I hear of this I feel an immense sadness and disappointment for Anthony Weiner, for going through life with his Judaism obviously being so meaningless, that his name will always be linked with scorn and chillul Hashem. I'm sad because one wonders how such potential ended up where it did. I guess it's natural for this sadness to spill over onto those who were so immediately impacted.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics