Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Which offer should we take, passaic or far rockaway

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 8:52 pm
Dh has been looking for a job and just got two offers one in passaic one in far rockaway. I have been to both communities once in my life so dont really know first hand about either. Both jobs are pretty similar. The far rockaway job pays 10k more but the cost of living is higher there. The far rockaway job also interests dh a little more. We are a pretty simple family and.dh is in klai kodesh. I think we would fit in passaic a little better as its a less materialistic community in general. Thoughts? Advice?

tichellady

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 9:02 pm
can you check out both communities before you decide? I think this is something that you need to see for yourself

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 9:04 pm
Hard to say. Both are really solid, excellent communities. Do you have any friends or family in either one that you would want to live closer to? Can you go spend a Shabbos in one or both places before you have to give an answer? Far Rockaway itself isn't so materialistic, but it borders and shares schools with Lawrence and some wealthier areas.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 10:16 pm
If he got a job on Darchei I would say snatch it. Best place to be a rebbe in my opinion. You can live somewhere cheaper too. I hear Inwood is growing and its relatively less expensive.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 10:28 pm
amother wrote:
If he got a job on Darchei I would say snatch it. Best place to be a rebbe in my opinion. You can live somewhere cheaper too. I hear Inwood is growing and its relatively less expensive.

Sorry for getting off topic, but why is a rebbe position in Darchei the best place to be a rebbe?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Nov 20 2016, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry for getting off topic, but why is a rebbe position in Darchei the best place to be a rebbe?

If this is R' Bender's Yeshiva, it has an excellent reputation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating