Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Toras Aron Lakewood

chat

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 8:52 pm
Hi! anyone have any information about yeshiva toras aron? Thinking to apply there.. need more infor!! tia!!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 9:41 pm
I have two close family members on staff there....It's a very warm, well-run yeshiva.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:34 pm
I have two children there. Very happy.
If you post specific questions I can try to answer them.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:37 pm
I send there and I love it. The menahel is really warm and doesn't expect each kid to fit into a box. It's a mix of hemish and Yeshivish crowds.

The boys learn a lot they teach in Yiddish and they love learning run to go to school and every morning and come off the bus in the afternoon laughing.

What more do you want to know?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 11:39 pm
My boys are there and very happy. Very warm Yeshiva. Every rebbe we've had throughout the years was excellent.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 7:39 pm
it's more of a heimish crowd. they teitch in Yiddish and just to let you know the English teachers are men even in 1st grade.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 7:47 pm
I'll chime in with above posters. I have 2 boys there and am extremely happy. The atmosphere is warm and happy and filtering down from the top they are approachable and have reasonable expectations of the boys. The English department isn't of such high caliber however they are definitely working on it and keep increasing the programs and levels. They started having lady primary morahs to teach alphabet, phonemic awareness and handwriting which sends the boys into 1st grade more prepared.
The crowd has slight heimish background but is more yeshivish then heimish and most boys have no exposure to yiddish other then teitching chumash.
The level of learning is serious and the hanhala is very on top of testing the boys to make sure that every boy is up to par. They have excellent resource room options for those that need.
Overall it's a school where they care about students and help each boy reach his potential. Now good luck getting in!

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:39 pm
Is this a heimish school? Is it hard to get in ?

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:44 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
Is this a heimish school? Is it hard to get in ?

It’s is not heimish. It is yeshivish.
Yiddish doesn’t mean much bec most lakewood cheder twitch Chumash in Yiddish but don’t speak it otherwise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics