Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Microwaves

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 6:45 pm
We need a new microwave, can anyone recommend something. something on the lower end. We use it to make oatmeal and potatoes mostly and to warm up food.
TIA

rachel6543

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 7:25 pm
I recommend buying at Costco if you can. That way if there are any issues it's easy to return or get replaced. Last year I bought a microwave at Costco when they had a $20 rebate, microwave came out at $60-$70 range. It works fine, no issues so far.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 7:31 pm
If you watch for sales, you can get a small, low end one for around $30-$35. I bought one like that; works fine.

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 7:32 pm
Just get one that is a fairly reliable name. I've never had issues with any and they've lasted for years. I use mine everyday as I reheat a lot of stuff and also use it to steam veggies so it gets a workout.

I bought my last one in Best Buy because I liked the size and the price. I do like the revolving tray but I think they all come with that now. The auto popcorn button is helpful as well

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 8:04 pm
Thanks
I can theoretically buy it anywhere but I do have an amazon gift card I would like to use.

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 8:06 pm
So get it on amazon. They have ratings for their products so it should be very easy to choose one that works for you. In my experience, all of the name brands have performed well for me and lasted so many years that I don't even recall when I actually bought my current model.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen