Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How do you style your daughters hair for school?

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 2:01 pm
do you just brush it and put it into a simple pony, bun? do you bother with braids or something fancy? do you send your girlie with hair bands or bows every day?
need some tips for curly haired little girls, as far as styling.

Faigy86

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 2:06 pm
Fun times Smile
Some days I'm organized and do braids or the like. Other days we just do neat ponies/buns. Bows are only if she asks (I'll never initiate) but I don't particularly care if the bow matches her outfit. Headbands are only if it is the first day after a bath night (we do every other day) and I've moussed well so it stays neat the whole day. She will sometimes wear a headband together with pony, braids etc, but I don't take part in that decision making process.

The nice part is that when I work extra hard, I usually get lots of compliment from teachers, neighbors, and other mothers - I think they recognize that curly hair is extra hard to deal with Smile

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 2:40 pm
I may randomly suggest a headband but mostly I do a pony. Sometimes a braid. I would do free if the school let

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 3:17 pm
at the beginning of the year my very curly haired 6 year old asked me to make fancy hair styles (braids, pig tails, ect)

now where are up to wtvr is fastest!
she usually grabs a headband so ill make her a pony or a half pony.
I find she looks kinda messy with her hair all out.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 3:57 pm
My very sensory 8 year old wears the exact same pony tail every single day.

She has gorgeous curls that could lend themselves to all sorts of hair styles that she refuses to wear. She also looks adorable in braids, or in a frenchbraid, or a fishtail, or a small braid going into her pony, or a headband braid with her curls hanging loose....but she does not allow.

It's her hair. I (try to) respect that.

Occasionally, for a Simcha, I can bribe her into a cute style. But generally speaking, ponytail it is. Day after day.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 5:04 pm
I like to keep their hair for school in braids or a bun to prevent lice.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 5:16 pm
My girls have curly and wavy hair. I make a side part and do a side/half pony, so the hair is off their face but their curls are still out there.
We use plain pony holders, bow pins, curly hanging pony things...

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 5:27 pm
6 year old- pig tails. her hair is too short for a regular pony. At one point we did half pony to the side. Then she wore a headband but now decided she wants pig tails so pig tails it is.

pizza4

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 5:52 pm
Every day something different! When it's late and rushed, just a plain pony or bun. Otherwise, side pony, single braid/french braid, pigtails, braids...

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 6:30 pm
braid every single day to avoid lice, whatever bows or clips or headbands she wants to add is her choice.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 6:43 pm
My kid has straight long hair.

For school I always pull it together. I dont want her having lice. And no hair accessories. The two times I sent her with some she "traded" it LOL

Usually a side part, braid and then pulled all hair back into a very low pony.
Someones I fo pigtails. But then I do buns. Or a high bun on the side.
Someones a half braid in the back then pony.
Or headband braid (cornbraid style) then pulled back into a pony.
Or two high half pigtails then pulled into a pony.
Shabbos - I do her hair usually in a half side braid then pony Till morning. (So it doesnt tangle. And let it loose in the morning. A pony wouldnt look smooth without brushig it. The braid keeps her hair neat and away from her face.
For sunday we like to play around with hair accessories.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children