Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Chanukah gift for myself
1  2  Next

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:29 pm
I have $300 to spend on myself and I don't know what to get. Any ideas?

glamourmom

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:33 pm
jewelry, perfume, brand name scarf or sweater, something for your house that you want for a while, massage and facial at spa, new hand bag.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:40 pm
A massage!!! 2 massages!!

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:44 pm
I would buy $300 in makeup and skincare products.
(I have a whole wish list!)

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:48 pm
Jewelry-of course a woman can always have more jewelry but I feel like that's not what I wish for right now.

Perfume-I'm not a perfume person, and even if I wanted to try some I would never spend that much on it

Scarf, sweater, hand bag-same-wouldn't spend that much on it.

something for the house-yes that definitely speak to me but what???

massage and facial would be so cool. Never got any of those. But it's from my husband and he wants me to get something tangible Smile

I was thinking along the lines of something for our bedroom like a mini bedroom makeover? Like curtains, bed skirts (which we don't have), a new lamp (current one is broken). That would be nice.

Another idea is just use the money for women's accessories like new gloves and things like that (which I need, lol), but again I don't see how I would use $300 worth of that kind of thing.

Or maybe towards new shoes and/or boots which I need. But that seems like a weird gift to me-here are shoes?? I mean if I really need shoes I would buy shoes without it being a gift, really...

I'm eyeing this expensive pot that's like $50 but he feels like that's not a gift either-a pot?!

Lol are we hopeless??

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:50 pm
I'm not that into makeup and products (I mean I love makeup but get pretty simple things..)

Massage-how much is a massage already??

Thanks for all the suggestions!! Keep em coming!

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
I have $300 to spend on myself and I don't know what to get. Any ideas?

IMNSHO, unless there's a time limit, don't buy anything now. If you need suggestions, there's nothing you really want. But one of these days, there will be, and you'll have the money.

glamourmom

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:53 pm
shoes/boots can be a great gift, why not? bed curtains are a nice gift. anything you want makes nice gift. you can split the $30 and buy a few things.

enter

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 2:58 pm
My wish list looks something like this: Coffee-maker, Vacation, massive fish tank for the living or bedroom, massive canvas painting for behind our bed or along the wall, buy a car, have a massage.... I could go on, but, wait, we have to pay rent next week and are tightening up to be able to make it Wink thank G-d for living in Israel Smile

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 3:05 pm
I like your mini bedroom makeover idea

How about a nice wall hanging or painting maybe as an option

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not that into makeup and products (I mean I love makeup but get pretty simple things..)

Massage-how much is a massage already??

Thanks for all the suggestions!! Keep em coming!

A really fancy massage in the city can be $150 an hour for sure.
If you want tangible another nice gift is beautiful fur slides/slippers for the house? They can be very very stylish and so comfortable and a real luxury. If you're worried that they won't cost $300, the Gucci ones are $1200 Very Happy
If you want to get a lamp look on overstock.com . They have some beautiful quality things for amazing prices.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 3:18 pm
amother wrote:
Jewelry-of course a woman can always have more jewelry but I feel like that's not what I wish for right now.

Perfume-I'm not a perfume person, and even if I wanted to try some I would never spend that much on it

Scarf, sweater, hand bag-same-wouldn't spend that much on it.

something for the house-yes that definitely speak to me but what???

massage and facial would be so cool. Never got any of those. But it's from my husband and he wants me to get something tangible Smile

I was thinking along the lines of something for our bedroom like a mini bedroom makeover? Like curtains, bed skirts (which we don't have), a new lamp (current one is broken). That would be nice.

Another idea is just use the money for women's accessories like new gloves and things like that (which I need, lol), but again I don't see how I would use $300 worth of that kind of thing.

Or maybe towards new shoes and/or boots which I need. But that seems like a weird gift to me-here are shoes?? I mean if I really need shoes I would buy shoes without it being a gift, really...

I'm eyeing this expensive pot that's like $50 but he feels like that's not a gift either-a pot?!

Lol are we hopeless??

whats wrong with a pot? we got a knife for out anniversary!

lora

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 5:00 pm
girl day/ night out, shopping or eating out with friend

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 5:08 pm
I would buy decor for the house or purchase supplies for my hobbies

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 5:21 pm
LoL, I bought myself a deep fryer and a new pocket knife.

myself

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 5:52 pm
Who says it has to be one item of $300? Can you split it? Maybe buy some accessories for yourself and also buy something for the house.

yksraya

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 5:58 pm
Do you already have a good vaccum cleaner, iron, etc??? Maybe splurge on something like that to make chores easier.

You said you want a bedroom makeover, maybe a nice linen set? Or nice curtains and some wall decoration.

Maybe a small kitchen appliance you always wanted but never splurged on?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:

Lol are we hopeless??

How about an Israel bond? Then you can wait till it matures to decide what to spend it on.

It depends on your love language and stage of life , I guess. I would, and have , asked for a pot. or a Dust Buster. Or to get my broken bracelet fixed. I hate shopping and adore anyone who'll do it for me. I would kiss the feet of a person who would buy new curtains etc. and relieve me of that chore, even if all they did was the legwork and I paid for it all!

There's Nothing wrong with dh buying you a pot or a pair of shoes if that's what you want instead of a ring it a bracelet. Gift giving is, or ought to be, about pleasing the recipient, not about spending scads of money on baubles that make the giver look generous but that the recipient doesn't want and won't enjoy. So go ahead and tell dh what you want and ignore his ideas about what is or is not gift material. When you're the birthday girl, so to speak, you're the boss.

alwayscooking

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 6:13 pm
Whatever you get make sure it's something u both will have enjoyment from. Even if you use it towards a massage I'm sure ur husband will be happy you used it towards something to treat yourself. How about a Marc Jacob's or a Kate Spade watch if ur really lucky u might find a Michelle watch for that price.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
whats wrong with a pot? we got a knife for out anniversary!

Same here lol! My husband bought me a knife as a yom tov present earlier this year !! Nothing like great tools in the kitchen and I had casually mentioned I saw a fantastic knife but would feel silly spending close to $70 on it .... I was floored when he presented the gift and love it in my kitchen so if you would appreciate and expensive pot that's a great gift !!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics