Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Nutritionist lakewood

gr8 mom

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 6:27 pm
who is a good nutritionist in lakewood that my husband and I can go to... besides for losing weight id like to learn how to cook and eat healthier ...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Dec 27 2016, 8:27 pm
Rochie Lebovits (RD CDE) is amazing.
I know she specializes in diabetes nutrition - But my DH just wanted to lose 40 lbs went to her and it was great experience. Its based on counting calories.
She put him on a sensible, easy to follow diet. She educated him on nutrition. (Like to drink milk, eat fruits and veggies). Taught him to make good food choices.
She also allowed room for him to eat the foods he enjoys, and nothing was forbidden.
She is very practical and doesn't have unrealistic expectations or rules.
She also taught him excersizes to do slowly as they moved along (weights, core strength).
She wanted me to come the first meeting to go over the menu. She provided recipes and detailed menus. Everything was very detailed, like shabbos menu, Friday menu, sunday, weekdays. Yomim tovim are their own planning.
During the weekly meetings she gave lots of time and didn't push to meet more often.
(She is very young and meets with patients in her basement - in case that would make you uncomfortable, but she is very professional in every way).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise