Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much do you make?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

westchestermom

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 6:00 pm
New Rn in suburbs of ny, $73,000 for 37.5 hour work weeks which is considered full time

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 6:51 pm
Secretaries please say your salary

Optione

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 7:35 pm
$33,000
Part time teacher
NY private school

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 7:36 pm
Pt secretary 20 hours a week. 25k gross.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 7:53 pm
Title officer. 23 hrs a week $32k. I was working as an office manager for a property management company for 34 hrs a week and was earning $50k but was too overwhelmed with the hours so I downgraded. I'm in the workforce for 16 yrs. I am pretty new at my current job and expect to be raised a bit in the near future.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 8:03 pm
SNF (skilled nursing facilty) medical biller in lkwd- roughly 28-30 per week. around 50k

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 8:21 pm
Attorney, work for myself, very p/t by choice. Last year my gross was around $25,000. I probably worked around 125 hours to earn that.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 8:25 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
It's apparent you've never used the federal or the state sites. This info is important to local economies and companies establishing comps. Actuaries, labor unions, workmans comp carriers all use payroll data collected for a variety of reasons.

The big one for my field is from AAPA (American Academy of Physician Assistants) and they say
Methodology: Data for this report were collected through the 2016 AAPA Salary Survey between February 2 and March 18, 2016. The survey was emailed to the 89,228 PAs and PA students in AAPA’s database who had not opted out of communication from AAPA, were based in the United States and were not identified as retired.
So for my field it's survey based. In my experience the numbers are off. It makes sense because they rely on people to respond to their surveys. I know I didn't and obviously many others didn't either. I have found their surveys to be pretty similar to other online sources as well.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 8:35 pm
amother wrote:
The big one for my field is from AAPA (American Academy of Physician Assistants) and they say
Methodology: Data for this report were collected through the 2016 AAPA Salary Survey between February 2 and March 18, 2016. The survey was emailed to the 89,228 PAs and PA students in AAPA’s database who had not opted out of communication from AAPA, were based in the United States and were not identified as retired.
So for my field it's survey based. In my experience the numbers are off. It makes sense because they rely on people to respond to their surveys. I know I didn't and obviously many others didn't either. I have found their surveys to be pretty similar to other online sources as well.

I'm a PA also, and the online salary websites like those of the AAPA are, like you said, way off.
I don't know why MagentaYenta is in a total tizzy over this.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 8:50 pm
Physical Therapist $45 an hour - about 15 hrs a week in NY

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 9:57 pm
I work for a very large publishing house as a managing editor and earn around 93K. Closer to 100K with the freelance proofreading and copyediting I pick up here and there.
Starting salaries in my industry are low, though, but I've been working for over 25 years.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 10:00 pm
amother wrote:
Secretaries please say your salary

School secretary 25k annual
26 hours a week
Get paid for not working during the summer

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 10:02 pm
In house accountant at a real estate company. I work around 40-45 hours per week and earn $160K.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
Physical Therapist $45 an hour - about 15 hrs a week in NY

I don't know if recruiting is allowed here, but if you are interested in homecare, I can offer you $55 a half hour. Include notes and travel time, that's $55 an hour. $10 more per hour than you are making now.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 10:13 pm
I'm a school secretary but I make a lot less why are you all making 30 dollars an hour ? Anyone making less

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 10:32 pm
I am self-employed doing IT consulting in the NYC area. I make about 15K a year, working very very part time, about 4-5 hours a week.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 10:50 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
I'm a full time teacher and make 50,000 with most of my insurance paid for by the school. I teach both Judaic and General Studies and it is my first year. Hope that is helpful!

That is helpful, thanks. May ask in what area you are located?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
That is helpful, thanks. May ask in what area you are located?

Hi! Located in NYC and working in a non frum school. Not gonna lie- my hours sre rough. I dont get home till 6 two days/week but BH compared to other schools, I feel my pay is fair.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Dec 28 2016, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
Acute care NP, 36 hrs/week. A little over $100K, I can increase it with overtime if I want, plus benefits.
Very flexible, absolutely LOVE my job.

One very important thing to keep in mind with regard to salaries is geography. If I lived in CA or NY, I could make a good 20% more than I make now, but my COL would be commensurately higher, whereas if I worked in Nebraska or Montana I'd have a salary 20% lower than mine is now, but my expenses would be a lot less. So displaying a salary without a geographic location doesn't really tell you much.
Like someone else mentioned, experience should also be a factor in comparison.

What type facility do you work at where you have a flexible schedule? that sounds amazing. Would love to do acute care np (I personally dislike primary care) but would like to live on normal schedule so hesitant.

Registered nurse night shift 40hrs/wk 12 hr shifts 87k + benefits (free insurance...) first year working. I miss things all the time and sleep all the time... Not best quality of life

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Dec 29 2016, 10:06 am
amother wrote:
What type facility do you work at where you have a flexible schedule? that sounds amazing. Would love to do acute care np (I personally dislike primary care) but would like to live on normal schedule so hesitant.

Registered nurse night shift 40hrs/wk 12 hr shifts 87k + benefits (free insurance...) first year working. I miss things all the time and sleep all the time... Not best quality of life

I work in a small community hospital, 12 bed ICU. I cover nights. So if you're looking for a "normal" schedule, then this is probably not what you want. But I find that nights as an NP is usually easier than nights as an RN (when the unit is really quiet, I can rest in the call room), except when it's not... :-) (and I have 5 critical admissions and don't end up leaving till 9 am)

Even though I work nights, I have tremendous flexibility with regard to schedule. Basically, I and the other provider(s) sit down together or get on the phone and just talk it out. So I'll say, "I'd like to work x,y,z days this week and a,b,c days that week, anyone mind that?" And if anyone has a problem we are flexible. So I never really get forced into a schedule that I don't want. And I have the option of saying, "so, I can't come in till 10 that night, anyone want to cover a few hours for me?" and usually someone can. The hospital doesn't really care what we do as long as every night is covered and no one is getting too much overtime pay.

Also, keep in mind, if you're making 87k as an RN, good chance you're in a large metropolitan area, so an NP salary in your area would be a lot highter than mine is.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics