Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Dd very hard

amother
White

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 1:27 pm
She doesn't give us a second to breathe. We have so many toys for her but she's not interested in any unless we're sitting on the floor playing with her. She's always following us every move we take and always complaining. She wants us 24/7 to be giving her full attention. It's just become very hard. Looking for ideas/ tips please. Btw she's 21 months

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 2:10 pm
I'm in a slightly similar situation, though mine is younger. Wondering what others will say to see if there's anything I can do so this wont be us in a half a year..

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 2:48 pm
My oldest was like this. We used to get out every day to places that were fenced in. The park in the spring and the indoor play areas in the winter. Our schedule was breakfast and play and nap in the morning and then out from 2 until close to dinner. Otherwise I went crazy. My next one is way more mellow its a whole different experience.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:07 pm
mha3484 wrote:
My oldest was like this. We used to get out every day to places that were fenced in. The park in the spring and the indoor play areas in the winter. Our schedule was breakfast and play and nap in the morning and then out from 2 until close to dinner. Otherwise I went crazy. My next one is way more mellow its a whole different experience.

I wonder if this is due to the fact that the first child get so much attention they expect it all the time, then the other babies grow up with you dividing your attention between them and others so they aren't expecting it form you all the time? (I'm saying "you" like a general "you"). I only have one so far and he wants attention all the time, but some other people have told me their first was like this as well. Is it a first born thing or just certain kids need more?

zigi

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:18 pm
my youngest is like this. wanting to be held/nursing all the time. I get a break when the other kids are home she plays with them. bh she can play near me when I can get a few things done. it a lot better than it used to be.

lizard8

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 12:06 am
My oldest always wanted attention, she was home with me all day. I used to invite older kids from my building to play with her, it really helped! The moms were happy to get their kids out too.
We were always out and about when she was really young. People would laugh that I would bring my little baby to the park, they didn't believe me she was bored at home.

She still has that personality. Two minutes after coming home from school today, she declared she is bored and asked what she should do.

My second is different. While my oldest needs to spend her sundays in programs, he prefers to play at home. He can entertain himself and doesn't need me to come up with ideas of what to do.

There is the nature/ nurture question regarding oldests and second children, but I believe these are my children's ingrained personalities.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 12:46 am
I'm having this problem with my 12 month old. He'll play for a few minutes and then scream to be held. Sometimes he'll look thirsty and I'll go make him a bottle, he'll take one sip and push the bottle away. So I think what he wants is just attention, constantly. But I'm busy with many other things and I can't hold/play all the time....

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jan 13 2017, 1:16 am
It's a personality thing. My first was more mellow. My second needs attention giving play all the time and drives me crazy.

No solutions here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics