Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The most difficult part of having a baby
1  2  Next

What was the hardest part for you of having a baby (physically)?
getting pregnant (tests, treatments etc if relevant)  
 5%  [ 4 ]
the pregnancy itself  
 29%  [ 22 ]
labor and delivery  
 18%  [ 14 ]
the first few week/months with the new baby  
 45%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 74

catonmylap

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 9:54 am
What was hardest for you physically?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 9:55 am
DEF taking care of it. And it doesn't end when they are teenagers, either.

Seraph

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:16 am
can I say none of them, b'h?
but honestly, constant morning sickness was no picnic, so I chose pregnancy.

yersp

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:20 am
I think the hardest on me was the recovery and taking care of a colicky newborn. I had a c-section, so the recovery was horrible because of everything else going on in my life at that time. On top of that my son was a colicky screaming baby who only calmed down when my neighbor or dh or anyone else for that matter held him. Now he's too attached to me!!

justanothermother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:25 am
The first trimester I spend tired and green (morning sickness can last 24 hours)

The next two trimesters I spend in terrible pain and on partial bedrest.

My joke is that I have to be in labor to get out of pain.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:48 am
the sleep deprivation the first few weeks. I cried from exhaustion.

mimivan

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:51 am
Of all of it: colic!

I don't remember the pain of delivery, but I remember my frustration with colic...nothing helped!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:54 am
to be very honest all of the above many years of treatment and then I was finally preg I had such bad morning sickness I was in hospital for the first 3 months, then I was so anaemic I could not move! labour-dont ask 33 hrs and they didn’t think she would be alive!! after she was born she was colic for the first 2 months!! but I love her to bits!!!

jewgal84

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:59 am
Delivering my twins, both naturally Exclamation

Truth is, I don't even remember the pain part, I just remember that the pushing was uncomfortable, they were 14 minutes apart.

BH both, my pregnancy (aside from bedrest..boring!) and labor (total of 8 hrs), were easy and quick!

And the part of caring for them once they were born... who has it easy Wink Exclamation Question

KAH theyre both good babies, didnt have the colic issues etc.

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 11:05 am
can't say I know anymore ... but when people say you forget ... NOT I ... I have not forgotten the pain of my last delivery ...

Lilkingdom

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 11:20 am
I didn't have my baby yet but I definitely think the pregnancy is hardest. Labor and delivery, as hard as it is, lasts up to about 30 hours maximum and then it's over. Besides during that time your mind already knows that it'll soon be over so that makes it easier. The new baby is hard to take care of but that lasts a month or two.
Pregnancy is 9 months! I was terribly sick and weak the first 4 months. Then finally my 5th and 6th month were ok but after that...back to hard times. Bathroom trips every few minutes and feeling huge and clumsy and hot all the time ain't no picnic!

jewgal84

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 12:36 pm
happymom2be wrote:
I didn't have my baby yet but I definitely think the pregnancy is hardest. Labor and delivery, as hard as it is, lasts up to about 30 hours maximum and then it's over. Besides during that time your mind already knows that it'll soon be over so that makes it easier. The new baby is hard to take care of but that lasts a month or two.
Pregnancy is 9 months! I was terribly sick and weak the first 4 months. Then finally my 5th and 6th month were ok but after that...back to hard times. Bathroom trips every few minutes and feeling huge and clumsy and hot all the time ain't no picnic!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motherhood Very Happy !!

slush

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 1:05 pm
I find being pregnant the worst. I have no energy and can't wait for it to be over so I can see my baby. as soon as baby is born I feel full of energy!!
(this may just be my perception at present as am now 9 days overdue! but from what I remember that's how it was last time.)
with the first the first few weeks are really hard.

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 1:42 pm
definitely pregnancy!!!! not a question in my mind.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 2:00 pm
labor alone!! hours and hours of slow progress. Everything else was a breeze- B"H!

gold21

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 2:22 pm
dealing with a colicy newborn!!!....
my pregnancy was B"H without any issues. I felt great B"H! and labor was okay...not worse than anyones else's...delivery took 10 minutes. and I was on epidural, which was good...
but then my cute lil son just screamed/nursed nonstop!! omigosh. it was very hard for me to deal with. no sleep, just constant sound of baby crying...and crying...and crying...so yeah that was really hard. also, I had a lot of pain from my episiotomy. that was really excruciating. I couldnt sit, walk, could barely focus altogether cuz the pain was so overwhelming.
but that cleared up soon enough...and the colic cleared up by the time my son was 4 months old...! Tongue Out

Yakira

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 2:29 pm
Also pre-baby, but I'd imaigne taking care of the baby and dealing with niddah issues forever will be the hardest for me. B"H, I'm feeling great and only had a few nauseous episodes, and feel very lucky that I'm enjoying being pregnant. Knowing my personality, I'm imagining it's going to be tough to adjust to being a new mom, though.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 3:00 pm
Pregnancy (nauseas and headaches) and post partum (stitches, exhaustion, head aches).

The rest was tolerable (hospital stay, coming and going hemorroids, cramping, one month of home bound, fake labours, medical exams) to great (the baby, nursing, a few good periods during the pregnancy). Taking care of the baby was only a problem when PP stuff went in the way, but not by itself, she's such an angel. Labour was totally bearable, a bit boring LOL. Pushing was a stressing/tiring but necessary moment, not painful bh.

Gold yeah, for weeks I couldn't sit properly because of my episio. Interestingly, it was MUCH worse to sit on the bed than on something hard (wood, stone...). I also couldn't lift the baby because it hurt like h*ck.

So definitely preg and PP

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 4:33 pm
For me, everything involving a baby is difficult (besides conceiving). My pregnancy was terrible, my postpartum even worse, and taking care of the baby wasn't as hard as it was nervewracking. Even now at 18 months, I find that it's still difficult to take care of him.

But he's adorable!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 4:46 pm
momtomor wrote:
For me, everything involving a baby is difficult (besides conceiving). My pregnancy was terrible, my postpartum even worse, and taking care of the baby wasn't as hard as it was nervewracking. Even now at 18 months, I find that it's still difficult to take care of him.

But he's adorable!

Ah yeah, if everything could be like conceiving LOL (please don't censor me, mods lol).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics