Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Interpreting dreams in Judaism, what does this mean?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 12:24 pm
does anyone know what having a person who is deceased in your dream could mean? I had a relative that died a short while ago in my dream and he was sooooooooooo real to me. I could feel him and smell him. when I woke up it was as if I should have seen his sitting near me.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 12:26 pm
You miss the person, it's natural you would dream about him.

Tehilla

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 12:31 pm
Most dreams are unimportant, and of useless topics. That being said, the most important thing about dreams is IT'S ALL IN THE INTERPRETATION! Interpret it for good, and G-d willing it should be good.

Tzaddikim in dreams are a sign of blessing. It has been said that the deceased sometimes come to their families in dreams. So I'm not saying one way or another, cause I don't know you, but take it as a bracha!

It is natural that you should miss him, as Defy said. So, it should be a bracha. My grandparents both passed away more than 5 years ago and I still dream about them from time to time!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 12:36 pm
Tehilla wrote:
Most dreams are unimportant, and of useless topics. That being said, the most important thing about dreams is IT'S ALL IN THE INTERPRETATION! Interpret it for good, and G-d willing it should be good.

Tzaddikim in dreams are a sign of blessing. It has been said that the deceased sometimes come to their families in dreams. So I'm not saying one way or another, cause I don't know you, but take it as a bracha!

It is natural that you should miss him, as Defy said. So, it should be a bracha. My grandparents both passed away more than 5 years ago and I still dream about them from time to time!

tehilla, you are completely correct. this was also my grandfather. its weird though b/c I have not had him in a dream this vivid as of yet and he past away a little more than a year ago.

Tehilla

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 1:00 pm
amother, I personally always try to put things in a happy light. Since you had this dream about your grandfather and it was so vivid, take some positive actions for his neshama! Give some extra tzedaka, or learn something for him, etc. Perhaps he was coming to encourage or comfort you if things have been harder than usual--and hopefully that's not the case of course.

I'm certain though it must be a bracha!!! You must be a very special person for this to happen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics