Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you know an 'un'vaccinated child with autism?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 11:45 pm
Sourstix, are you serious? What a dangerous slippery slope. You would want the HPV vaccine to be mandated by the government, forcing your children to have it at whatever age they have now determined it's necessary to start in case kids, you know, start exploring by middle school. It's 9-10 now, and they're thinking of lowering the age. Should that not be a parental choice? BTW, it's state mandated for schools in some states, with more working on it in legislation, I'm not pulling this out of my hat.

And if you say that's an exception, then what do you say about Hep B? Should a parent be allowed to delay that as well because they know their child is not yet at risk? If not, why not?

And if you think both should be governmental decisions, is there anything you don't think should be?
What about vaccines in the works for diseases we aren't currently freaking out over?

Is there a limit?

I cannot imagine for a minute the government at large can possibly have my specific child in their best interests. They are about public policy, and rightly so. If I, as a parent, decide it's in my child's best interest to spread things out or delay them or <gasp> skip something because, face it, my kids are not infecting anyone with HPV right now, so I can make an educated decision on that without endangering public health, isn't that my right, nay, my RESPONSIBILITY, as a parent?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 2:05 am
sourstix wrote:
Apricot- where are you? We're waiting for counter argument. I want to seriously hear what you have to answer. Not looking to mock. Just want some education.

Look in my opinion the government should be involved in this and be mandated that every person (except those with medical issues) get shots. And those who refuse she have their kids taken and receive shots and returned afterwards. This is the only area I think the government should control as I'm against the government telling me what to do.

Because if parents like apricot cannot see the issue for what it is and weight the pros and cons and do what's right for their child then they don't get to choose this. They are spilling blood from an innocent child. And countless others. I would be happy to vote in this type of president that comes up with this.

This is the most outrageous comment ever! The government does NOT have our kids best interest in mind because they don't even know our kids personally! Do you want to tell me all kids fit into the same box? Are all kids exactly the same in nature, emotionally, cognitively, socially, medically... Not even two siblings are the same and you want to tell me that everyone should be handles the exact same way?!?!
what works for one does not mean works for the other, some people deside to delay vaccines, some to spread them out some decide to stop and some decide to avoid. IT IT EVERY PARENTS RIGHT TO MAKE THESE DECISIONS ON THEIR OWN!
Besides not everyone stops or doesn't vaccinate in fear of autism, auto immune disease, chronic disease......... Some actually have religious reasons for it. And it's not only because of legal exemptions!There are Religious Standing grounds to avoid these toxins from being injected human bodies.
I'm not going to go into detail what my opinions are on the actual vaccine giving or not, but forcing someone to do something against their will without any precaution or liability is pure irresponsible and raises a red flag IMVHO! Do as you believe is right and fit for your family but don't Force others to do the same.

p.s. unvaccinated individuals are not walking around carrying diseases. PERIOD. And immune compromised individuals are more at risk of being exposed to recently vaccinated individuals, check out the cdc and the hospital wards they usually have signs saying if you were vaccinated in the last 6 weeks or something to stay away.

p.p.s. I recently heard that leukemia patients are starting to be vaccinated?!?! I do believe they are immune compromised since they are usually on chemo which basically kills the immune system altogether now is that called care for our kids?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 2:29 am
amother wrote:
This is the most outrageous comment ever! The government does NOT have our kids best interest in mind because they don't even know our kids personally! Do you want to tell me all kids fit into the same box? Are all kids exactly the same in nature, emotionally, cognitively, socially, medically... Not even two siblings are the same and you want to tell me that everyone should be handles the exact same way?!?!
what works for one does not mean works for the other, some people deside to delay vaccines, some to spread them out some decide to stop and some decide to avoid. IT IT EVERY PARENTS RIGHT TO MAKE THESE DECISIONS ON THEIR OWN!

Look - its a public health issue. If it wasn't a public health issue, then it wouldn't be mandated. If there is law to do something, that means that you do not have the RIGHT to do otherwise.

When you birth a child, that does not give you the RIGHT to do whatever you want with your child.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 2:38 am
[quote="amother"][quote="amother"]This is the most outrageous comment ever! The government does NOT have our kids best interest in mind because they don't even know our kids personally! Do you want to tell me all kids fit into the same box? Are all kids exactly the same in nature, emotionally, cognitively, socially, medically... Not even two siblings are the same and you want to tell me that everyone should be handles the exact same way?!?!
[/quote|

Look - its a public health issue. If it wasn't a public health issue, then it wouldn't be mandated. If there is law to do something, that means that you do not have the RIGHT to do otherwise.

When you birth a child, that does not give you the RIGHT to do whatever you want with your child.[/quote|

Just because it is mandated doesn't mean its good for everyone the same its called forced to do something that they believe is one size fits all. However there is also the Legal exemptions, which legally allows parents to avoid vaccines. That is the LAW and its not only for medical reasons. And Yes when I birth my child I have the RIGHT to do whatever I BELIEVE is RIGHT in raising him/her.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 2:43 am
amother wrote:
Yes when I birth my child I have the RIGHT to do whatever I BELIEVE is RIGHT in raising him/her.

Actually you don't.

June

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 4:54 am
Ok, so if the gvmt decides to outlaw ritual circumcision because it's not in your child's best interest, that's perfectly ok? And if they decide that public school is mandated because parents are too dumb to choose a good school for their kids, that's also ok?

Do you see how dangerous it is for the government to start mandating things because parents are too stupid to know what's best for their children?

I'm very pro-vaccination despite my crunchy stance on other issues, haven't gotten involved in the discussion until now because I don't care much about the debate, but I do feel strongly that the government must stay out of individual parenting decisions. Every parent has the right to make decisions for their child. Period.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 6:54 am
When a parent makes the choice not to vaccinate, s/he is not only making a decision that will impact his or her own children. The decision not to vaccinate affects everybody else and his sphere. Unless you keep your children in a bubble and never expose them to anybody else, you're taking the right of public health it away from my children. Even more so away from the people who are of you know suppressed it cannot be around your children.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 7:47 am
June wrote:
Ok, so if the gvmt decides to outlaw ritual circumcision because it's not in your child's best interest, that's perfectly ok? And if they decide that public school is mandated because parents are too dumb to choose a good school for their kids, that's also ok?

Do you see how dangerous it is for the government to start mandating things because parents are too stupid to know what's best for their children?

I'm very pro-vaccination despite my crunchy stance on other issues, haven't gotten involved in the discussion until now because I don't care much about the debate, but I do feel strongly that the government must stay out of individual parenting decisions. Every parent has the right to make decisions for their child. Period.

Circumcision only affects the child being circumcised. The quality of schooling affects the future of the country and, in America, is considered a personal right. Vaccination is a public health issue.

The government has the right to mandate laws to protect personal rights and protect the public. Thus, the government can make and enforce vaccination laws. You may disagree. But, this is the stance of the government and they will continue to do this with every legality.

Maybe

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 8:30 am
If you see the benefits of not vaxing before 3 years, why do you want to vax now ? Why not delay another 3 years?

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 8:39 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Sourstix, are you serious? What a dangerous slippery slope. You would want the HPV vaccine to be mandated by the government, forcing your children to have it at whatever age they have now determined it's necessary to start in case kids, you know, start exploring by middle school. It's 9-10 now, and they're thinking of lowering the age. Should that not be a parental choice? BTW, it's state mandated for schools in some states, with more working on it in legislation, I'm not pulling this out of my hat.

And if you say that's an exception, then what do you say about Hep B? Should a parent be allowed to delay that as well because they know their child is not yet at risk? If not, why not?

And if you think both should be governmental decisions, is there anything you don't think should be?
What about vaccines in the works for diseases we aren't currently freaking out over?

Is there a limit?

I cannot imagine for a minute the government at large can possibly have my specific child in their best interests. They are about public policy, and rightly so. If I, as a parent, decide it's in my child's best interest to spread things out or delay them or <gasp> skip something because, face it, my kids are not infecting anyone with HPV right now, so I can make an educated decision on that without endangering public health, isn't that my right, nay, my RESPONSIBILITY, as a parent?

Amen!

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 9:05 am
I've been busy taking care of my vaccinated child who has asthma. Which btw, vaccines have been proven to cause. Would you like to stay with this child in the hospital this time? Or am I allowed to choose not to risk the lives of my other children?
Just because you choose to vaccinate doesn't mean I have to accept the risks for my children. Like everyone above, I firmly believe that the government should stay out of my home. Imagine if they started mandating birth control bc there were too many children. Is that also in the purview of the American government?

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 9:09 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Is there a limit?

Hpv vaccine is one of the most important vaccines out there, since it's one of the few that we actually know prevents cancer. Why would you deprive your children of that?

Laiya

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
I've been busy taking care of my vaccinated child who has asthma. Which btw, vaccines have been proven to cause. Would you like to stay with this child in the hospital this time? Or am I allowed to choose not to risk the lives of my other children?
Just because you choose to vaccinate doesn't mean I have to accept the risks for my children. Like everyone above, I firmly believe that the government should stay out of my home. Imagine if they started mandating birth control bc there were too many children. Is that also in the purview of the American government?

I have a vaccinated child with asthma.

Vaccines do not cause asthma. The opposite, actually. Illnesses are known to trigger asthmatic reactions.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 9:57 am
Oh come on. Asthma isn't caused by vaccines.

(an asthma sufferer)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 10:05 am
Maybe wrote:
If you see the benefits of not vaxing before 3 years, why do you want to vax now ? Why not delay another 3 years?

what benefit is she seeing?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 10:15 am
amother wrote:
If my kids get chicken pox, or measles, even polio (asymptomatic in 95% of cases Btw) their discomfort lasts for a week.

This is the craziest line I have ever read.

Read a few books about kids who got polio. My recommendation would be Eshalech - As Long as I Live - I cried while reading that book.

One of my mother's best friends had polio. She has deformed legs - like two sticks. I'd never take the risk of that for my child.

I would agree with you that chicken pox is usually mild - I have memories of an itchy uncomfortable week when I was 5, nothing more - if I hadn't had the experience of a terrible case of chickenpox with my little sister. It was my most traumatizing experience ever - my parents went to a family simcha overseas when I was 15 - we were supposed to go to my married sister the next day and stay for the weekend - but my little sister got the chicken pox just after my parents left. So those siblings who'd already had it went to sister, and I stayed for the weekend with my sister and the chicken pox. She had high fevers, her whole little two-year-old body shook while I held her and just gave tylenol and tried to keep her hydrated. No one knew it would be so bad. I was terrified something bad would happen. I think it's a miracle we got thru it. It's hard for me to type and really describe this because I was really traumatized by it.

My DH had chicken pox as a teen, and he says it was much, much worse than typical - it was horrible. There are bad cases out there, and I know two of them. My sister said that when she was a resident in SIU hospital, a child died from complications from the chicken pox.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 10:22 am
amother wrote:
Circumcision only affects the child being circumcised. The quality of schooling affects the future of the country and, in America, is considered a personal right. Vaccination is a public health issue.

The government has the right to mandate laws to protect personal rights and protect the public. Thus, the government can make and enforce vaccination laws. You may disagree. But, this is the stance of the government and they will continue to do this with every legality.

Vaccines are just the same affecting the child who receives them or not. Period. I know there is the myth of herd immunity but that is not really about vaccines but about the actual virus which the vaccine is not its a controversy on it own. However if you vaccinate your kid is protected them why are you so scared from the unvaccinated kid who doesn't carry any virus or disease. While recently vaccinated individuals actually pose a risk of shedding!Again don't tell me herd immunity. And Again And AGAIN Vaccines don't work all of the time. So you give shots and still stay paranoid that your kid will catch whatever virus they should be protected of. I do what I do but I don't make others responsible for my kids health because No I don't know if the guy at Walmart is vaccinated or carrying any contagious disease. or maybe it the guy at my corner grocery, or the neighbors or anyone we pass on a daily basis. We don't live in a bubble and we don't screen people we come in contact with 24/7. And that has nothing to do if you vaccinate or not. PERIOD.
Besides I find the people who don't vaccinate seem to be much more at rest about their kids health and risk of catching viruses than the ones who actually vaccinate and are supposed to be protected. Fear mongering Doesn't work it only strengthens one's belief that if you stay so insecure about your vaccines then maybe not vaccinating is the better choice?!?!?! there is some logic to it.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 10:30 am
https://vactruth.com/2011/07/1.....dren/

https://therefusers.com/asthma.....cret/

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 10:38 am
Laiya wrote:
I have a vaccinated child with asthma.

Vaccines do not cause asthma. The opposite, actually. Illnesses are known to trigger asthmatic reactions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m.....4532/
ETA another study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m.....5669/
Page 6 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics