Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
If you've gone without internet what does it look like
Previous  1  2

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:30 pm
My hiatus was not voluntary, but my house got MUCH cleaner and my kids got more attention.
Sigh.

On the other hand, as an introvert, the internet gives me insight into the world and thoughts of many different people without having to step out of my comfort zone (more voyeurism than connecting to others though).

And all that beautiful creativity in the blogosphere. WOW.
I could spend all day going through foodgawker and linesandcolors.com.
Which is why my house is not as clean now....

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 9:52 pm
The first few days I didn't know what to do with myself. Every free minute, I needed to remind myself that I don't have access. Then after a few days, the withdrawal symptoms receded and in its place I found a cleaner house, a calmer, more focused mother, more time to do the stuff I really enjoy doing like crossword puzzles and oil painting.

At the same time, it was hard not being able to do email grocery orders, I needed to spend the time waiting for a person to talk to do a phone order. I needed to shop every small thing, couldn't just google it and order.

I didn't miss the internet for medical "emergencies"
banking, dh does so I don't know how it affected him. Mostly we anyway write out checks for paper statements and do direct deposit for salary checks.

I didn't feel the need for shiurim, connection to other moms and support. Except one subforum I'm a part of which I missed tremendously. Phone numbers was also a non-issue.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:01 pm
Anon because this is hanging on my bulletin board

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics