Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Looking for filter on my internet

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:28 pm
I want to filter my actual internet
Meaning all devices that will connect to the wifi will be filtered by this
Is this possible and can anyone recommend a site or company that does this? Tysm
It it matters I'm in ny

Odelyah

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I want to filter my actual internet
Meaning all devices that will connect to the wifi will be filtered by this
Is this possible and can anyone recommend a site or company that does this? Tysm
It it matters I'm in ny

I bought a Netgear router that has parental controls, for this reason. It connects to my modem, which was actually a modem and router all in one, so I had to do some configuring to set it up, to route it through the Netgear router instead of the built in one. My point is, it wasn't so obvious how to do it but someone from tech support from my internet provider talked me through it. I believe it uses something called Open DNS. It's definitely not foolproof, but it's an added layer of protection in my home. Keep in mind, for example, if someone has an unfiltered device it will only help if they are connected to your wifi. But not if they have their own data plan, or connect to a hotspot or some other wifi signal in the area.. So I have filters/parental controls on all devices I have under my jurisdiction plus the router filter, and I daven that people will have siyata dishmaya and make good choices for themselves.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 10:02 pm
I also did that but when I got a new modem/router, I got one that includes Circle as parental controls and I have a few different profiles on it.
I have a setting for no Internet, one for my kids, which is very blocked and I whitelist as necessary, 2 different ones for the adults in the house, depending on our needs.
I can control it from my phone when at home.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 10:16 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I also did that but when I got a new modem/router, I got one that includes Circle as parental controls and I have a few different profiles on it.
I have a setting for no Internet, one for my kids, which is very blocked and I whitelist as necessary, 2 different ones for the adults in the house, depending on our needs.
I can control it from my phone when at home.

That sounds better than what I have. with mine for example I think you can still plug a laptop into the modem and it won't go through the netgear router. Do you need to have the Circle app or can you do it on a computer? I don't have a smartphone.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 11:07 pm
Only app, sorry 😔
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics