Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The JNF is auctioning off a trip to the playboy mansion

amother

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 5:01 pm
google

jnf and playboy.

greenfire

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 6:01 pm
hm ...

MyKidsRQte

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 9:03 pm
thats sick

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 9:04 pm
I'm grossed out.

MommyLuv

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 9:15 pm
Found a link so we can figure out what you are talking about:

http://www.thejewishweek.com/n.....14516

Puke Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 1:17 am
thnk you for the link.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 6:38 am
this topic got a more than average views
but not many postings.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 7:08 am
UGH!!!!

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 7:10 am
I don't know why you are all so surprised. The JNF, like all the official 'Zionist' entities cares as much about Judaism and values as... (words fail me).

I took a look at their American website and tried to find this info, and although I didn't manage to, on my googling travels I found out that they have a big appeal on to build baseball fields all over Israel. shock

So at least if you buy a ticket for their sweepstake, you know your money is going to a good cause. Twisted Evil

(I have to add here, in fairness, that we had a couple of beautiful (and free) family outings to JNF forests this summer. In one enormous one we were the only people there and my kids had a wonderful time on the playground equipment and we all enjoyed the beautiful air. So they're doing their bit for kolel couples too. I hoped some of the trees there were the ones I'd been encouraged to pay for as a school kid in England 30 years ago. Tongue Out )

amother

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 9:00 am
our kids school collects pushka boxes for this org.

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 9:07 am
Quote:
Deborah Meyer, the executive director of Moving Tradition, an organization that helps young women become bat mitzvah, called the decision “a bit of a lapse of judgment. You have to wonder what they are thinking about who are the members of the Jewish community and what message they think they are sending not just to young women, but to men, about Jewish values and what is appropriate in the year 5767.”

JNF officials dismissed such criticism, noting that other charities have offered similar prizes in recent years.

“If people don’t want to bid on it, they won’t,” said Anita Jacobs, the director of the JNF’s Greater New York branch, which is organizing the auction. Asked if she thought Playboy objectifies women, Jacobs replied: “No, not at all.”

The Playboy package, available only to those over 21, received top billing in the promotional e-mail, but Jacobs said it is one of dozens of items to be auctioned and would not be the focus of the event.

Well now we know where they stand 'money is all that counts doesn't matter how or why one gets it' Puke

I wish too they would take out the word Jewish from their fund and try not to legitismize it. Confused

amother

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 9:11 am
I am not sure why people are so surprised. This past year I received a chinese auction benefiting tzivos hashem in the ukraine and one of the prizes was lunch with a secular s-e-x therapist...
http://www.pappfund.com/2006/D.....em=58

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 9:21 am
You don't think there's a big difference between going to the playboy mansion where (most likely) there will be semi-naked women gallivanting around and lunch with a woman who is a s-x therapist? Being a s-x therapist is a valid job and it's important that this type of therapy exists. Hugh Hefner is a disgusting person, that promotes a disgusting lifestyle. If anyone sold his soul to the devil, it's him.

mimivan

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 12:36 pm
This after the whole scandal with Moshe Katsav? Aren't they at least a bit concerned about their image at least?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 17 2007, 2:41 am
who is mosha kazav?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics