Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Can I keep our pediatrician?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 2:53 pm
We're moving to a new community about 20 minutes drive away from where we are now. The kids will be remaining in their schools. I also want to remain with our pediatrician. Well visits are scheduled in advance, so it's not a huge deal and sick visits will definitely be a bit inconvenient, but bh they don't happen so often, so I think it will be fine. A few people have said I should find a pediatrician in the new neighborhood, but I really don't see why. If ch'v there's an emergency, we'd be going to a hospital. Anything else, it is a bit out of the way, but I don't see how that makes a difference to the kids. This is a doctor who is familiar to them and who knows their health histories etc. It's not like doctors make house calls these days, so I just don't see why it should matter. Is there anything else I'm not thinking of? I really want to keep our pediatrician.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 2:54 pm
It's really no ones business what you do. If it works for you, it works. Period.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 2:58 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
It's really no ones business what you do. If it works for you, it works. Period.

You missed the point. I don't care what other people do or what they think. Since a few people brought it up, I want to see if there is some angle I'm not seeing.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 3:02 pm
If you don't mind the drive then keep it. If your happy doesn't matter. I do drive almost that far for a dr since it's a better one. Yeah it's sometime annoying but I know it's a good dr. I have gone to urgent center If I really need to.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 3:14 pm
Yeah, I moved from 10-15 min away from my pediatrician to half hour plus (new location opened recently that is closer but it is very recent) and I kept the pediatrician. Being happy with my kids' doctors is very important. Even though there are pediatricians that people are happy with literally walking distance from my house, I am happy with my decision and it's been several years already

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 3:17 pm
20 minutes is no biggie. Mine is that far plus have to look for parking so I leave myself 40 min to get there. But I also have a PA I use that's close by just in case I can't make it to ped.

essie14

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 11:45 pm
When I was growing up, our pediatrician was a 20 min drive away from our house. Everything in the suburbs is that far.

BinahYeteirah

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 6:41 am
I drive about 45 minutes to my kids' pediatrician (actually, a nurse practitioner), because I prefer her over closer options. It's not a big issue for me.

cm

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 6:45 am
You're fine. No need to change doctors.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 7:35 am
We drive a half hour to our pediatrician by choice.

MyUsername

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 11:49 am
For some people, the extra time makes a difference - you miss more work, kids miss more school, more gas money, driving 20 minutes with a sick kid (especially if they have a stomach bug) is really unpleasant. For others, these factors are not so important. Try staying with your doctor, and if it's really inconvenient, you can always switch later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating