Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Trump Wants to get rid of Medicaid
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:24 pm
amother wrote:
Your finally getting itšŸ˜€

Now the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. Thank you Lakewood rabbonim for supporting trumpšŸ™

Oh I got it a long time ago, long before the current presidents nomination.

I OTH will be getting a tax credit between$1000 and $1500 a year to replace my medicare. That tax credit will enable me to buy an ins. policy (currently nonexistent) that I will use to replace my medicare. In the meantime the $129 coming out of my SS to pay for medicare will continue to be collected and cover federal costs of Trumpcare. Please tell me where a 66 yo can find a medical insurance policy that covers Medicare A&B for under $2k a year.

But the new scheme will also protect folks with existing conditions, as long as you have had ins. in place for the prior three years.

Ins companies will be permitted to sell ins. across state lines regardless of state ins. boards. It will be perfect for everyone. We can now budget for out of state travel to see primary care givers.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:25 pm
The compassionate "Judeo-Christian" values of the religious right at its best.

/s

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:26 pm
Excuse me.
I'm middle class income and can't afford any healthcare under Obamacare.
Can't wait for trump to make changes.

anon for this

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
What makes you say he wants to get rid of it? Why are you getting hysterical? At the roundtable discussion (forgot with whom) He very much kept repeating that we have to remember and take care of the underprivileged.
Also, changing the aca doesnt mean abolishing medicaid.

It's true that Donald Trump promised during the campaign that everyone would have insurance (he also promised to drain the swamp, so...). However, as Trump said, "Nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated", so he's relied on House Republicans led by Paul Ryan to draft the AHCA.

The ACA paid nearly all of the costs for states to expand Medicaid coverage, if they chose to do so, and about 30 states did. The AHCA, if it passes, would instead send money to states in the form of block grants to spend as the state chooses. A state's Medicaid block grant amount would most likely be less than that state currently gets from the federal government, so each state would have to choose to spend more state money to make up the difference, or to cut costs by trimming services, raising premiums/ copays, and/or removing people from the Medicaid rolls.

That Paul Ryan wants to cut Medicaid should come as no surprise to anyone.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:27 pm
sequoia wrote:
I thought medicaid was managed by states.

My understanding isn't perfect.

But ... yes and no.

The federal government provides funding to states for Medicaid. Its not per capita. Its based on how wealthy the states are. So wealthy states get less funding than poor states. There are also federal requirements as to what must be provided, and who must get it.

Trump supports block grants. (He's not the first Republican to support them.). So each state would get $x per person. Then they would decide who gets what. For example, there would be no requirement to provide mental health care.

Now, chances are that NY will step up. Plus it's richer state, so its funding was never huge. Alabama, for example? Good luck.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:
Well he doesn't say that he says we should buy less iPhones and buy healthcare. Ha an iPhone is way cheaper then medical insurance.

Rich will never understand poor.

Excuse me? I'm far from rich. DH and I both work full time and we struggle to pay our bills each month. It's largely due to the high taxes we pay to fund state and federal programs. I look at my paycheck and am shocked by how much money is taken off. If it wouldn't, we would be able to manage our bills easily.

Eta: I work in heakthcare and see with my own eyes the incredible abuse of the medicaid/fidelis system. I didn't say it shouldn't be available for those who truly need it.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:
Excuse me.
I'm middle class income and can't afford any healthcare under Obamacare.
Can't wait for trump to make changes.

Hug

That is truly horrible. Was it better before? The rates were not exactly great, ever, and had been getting steadily worse for most people for a long time. Our system is a mess.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:33 pm
amother wrote:
Excuse me? I'm far from rich. DH and I both work full time and we struggle to pay our bills each month. It's largely due to the high taxes we pay to fund state and federal programs. I look at my paycheck and am shocked by how much money is taken off. If it wouldn't, we would be able to manage our bills easily.

I hope that along with defunding vital programs he will also cut your taxes, but so far the idea seems to be to cut taxes for the big guys, not you. (He has to pay for the military budget increase somehow.) I sincerely hope that changes because the middle class in this country is squeezed way too tight.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:40 pm
The full CBO report, if you all read it instead of just listening to the headlines, said that most of the people who will "be uninsured" will be uninsured out of choice. It is the people who are forced to now buy astronomically expensive plans now or face huge penalties... So 14 million people will not be thrown off insurance- they willingly choose to not have it. Like the 20 year olds who think they are invincible. Or choose to pay out of pocket in the rare case of a freak accident.

I currently pay extreme amounts for health insurance. It has been going up every year since ACA. More than the increases prior to the law. I also lost my doctor even though I wanted to keep it. I didn't qualify for any subsidy as DH's work had offered an abysmal plan. No exchanges for us but we couldn't use the plan! It was more than buying off exchange and had less coverage. But we paid through our nose for it...

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:40 pm
He is not defunding Medicaid, and I'm really sure OP you read the PROPOSED plan. It is stuck in the wheels at the moment, and nowhere near being a viable plan yet. There is gross Medicaid fraud (happen to know a couple fraudsters, who are very well off and use it). That needs to be addressed and the fraudsters need to be thrown off of it. That alone will free up so much money for the truly needy. Maybe the Lakewood rabbonim are rabbonim for a reason? I'm not even a Litvak, but kol hakavod to them for endorsing Trump (who is not an advocate for abominations in the Torah, cv's).

Jeanette

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:46 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not even a Litvak, but kol hakavod to them for endorsing Trump (who is not an advocate for abominations in the Torah, cv's).

O. M. G.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:47 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I hope that along with defunding vital programs he will also cut your taxes, but so far the idea seems to be to cut taxes for the big guys, not you. (He has to pay for the military budget increase somehow.) I sincerely hope that changes because the middle class in this country is squeezed way too tight.

But if he cuts taxes for multi-millionaires, it will surely benefit the working poor!

But in any case, as the Republicans told us, ā€œThere is a group of people that just donā€™t want health care and arenā€™t going to take care of themselves. .... [M]orally, spiritually, socially, [the poor, including the homeless,] just donā€™t want health care.ā€ (Rep. Roger Marshall (R-Kan.), a member of the GOP Doctors Caucus). So I guess that cutting Medicaid is fine.

anon for this

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:50 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not even a Litvak, but kol hakavod to them for endorsing Trump (who is not an advocate for abominations in the Torah, cv's).

I know, right? Not like Hillary or Bill Clinton, who said that if Chelsea weren't his daughter he'd probably date her, and who told Howard Stern that it was OK to call Chelsea a "piece of a@@"

Oh, wait, never mind...that was Donald Trump talking about Ivanka.

tichellady

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
He is not defunding Medicaid, and I'm really sure OP you read the PROPOSED plan. It is stuck in the wheels at the moment, and nowhere near being a viable plan yet. There is gross Medicaid fraud (happen to know a couple fraudsters, who are very well off and use it). That needs to be addressed and the fraudsters need to be thrown off of it. That alone will free up so much money for the truly needy. Maybe the Lakewood rabbonim are rabbonim for a reason? I'm not even a Litvak, but kol hakavod to them for endorsing Trump (who is not an advocate for abominations in the Torah, cv's).

Lol. I wish you were right

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:54 pm
youngishbear wrote:
:. Was it better before? The rates were not exactly great, ever, and had been getting steadily worse for most people for a long time. Our system is a mess.

My health insurance was way better before obamacare. The premiums went up a lot since then while my copays etc went up. I paid more out of pocket for my and my children's healthcare than insurance did in addition to my premium.
I know people who paid the fine because they said that it was cheaper than the premium would have been for them.
I recently had no choice but got child health plus for my children. Something that I avoided for years. Now I can't afford regular insurance anymore.

amother
Cyan

[quote="SixOfWands"]He said a lot of things. Like how his new plan wouldn't result in anyone losing insurance. And that rate wouldn't climb. Both untrue.

Trump intends to change Medicaid to a block grant. This will hurt poorer states most. It will also eliminate certain mandated services, as well as cutting a lot of people off (as will the ACA repeal, given Medicaid expansion). The people most at risk are the disabled, those with mental health issues (which Trump wants to eliminate funding), the working poor, probably people in nursing homes.

But I'm still confused. Isn't this exactly what people who voted for Trump wanted? Get government out of health care. Well, why did you think that Medicaid and Medicare were exempt. Cut government. Cut government costs. Ditto.[/quote]

The saddest part is that he says he's will take care of the underprivileged but at the same time he will defund Medicaid. Ha, he thinks people are that stupid.

I'm just making everyone aware of what the potential issues here are and how it will affect us. I,just hope people will wake up and not allow this. He must come up with an alternative plan, or it will be very sad.

youngishbear

SixOfWands wrote:
But if he cuts taxes for multi-millionaires, it will surely benefit the working poor!

But in any case, as the Republicans told us, ā€œThere is a group of people that just donā€™t want health care and arenā€™t going to take care of themselves. .... [M]orally, spiritually, socially, [the poor, including the homeless,] just donā€™t want health care.ā€ (Rep. Roger Marshall (R-Kan.), a member of the GOP Doctors Caucus). So I guess that cutting Medicaid is fine.

Poor people love to to get sick and die.

Also, female bodies don't allow rape sperm to fertilize their eggs.

Also, guns don't kill.

It seems to me that Kellyann was not the inventor of alternative facts.

SixOfWands

amother wrote:

How is it nowhere near being a viable plan? Its the proposal. Before Congress. The one the REpublicans say they've been working on for at least 6 years.

But yeah, those Welfare Queens. Everyone's been looking for them since Reagan was president. No one found them. But since you know them, please report them, so they can be prosecuted. No need to wait for TrumpCare to do that! Billions saved because of you alone. Kol hakavod.

And thank you for pointing out what a model of Torah Trump is. I"m sure that his first wife, who claimed he raped her, and who met his mistress while on vacation, would agree. As would all of the women who have accused him of z3xual misconduct. Doesn't the Torah talk about how its fine for men to grab women's _____

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:56 pm
Since Obomacare my healthcare premiums went up. The doctors on my plan are very limited. I havent gone for a checkup in years. Dh has health issues and travels 50 miles away to a dr. We live in NYS. There are plenty of doctors here, none on our plan.

Im grateful I have a local pediatrician for my kids. When one dc got injured out of town we went to urgent care and got hit with $150 bill. Trying to get insurance to pay. They claim ts out of network. Unfortunately almost everyone is out of network!

Trump promised to fix is problem. Im waiting. ...

treestump

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:

Trump is an abominable man.

He was an advocate for same relations marriage for decades. (eta - that doesn't make him abominable.) He only switched sides because of politics.

Besides, if you prefer a scum of the earth person who boasted about grabbing married women by the pu**y and getting away with it, (and spoke about his daughter's future breast size when she was a toddler!!!) and think that is more moral than an upstanding person who says that people have the right to marry people in line with their orientation -

Then your morals are messed up, big time.

Last edited by treestump on Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics