Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Coming to Lakewood to shop... appreciate recommendations

eschaya

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 4:42 pm
So I decided to come to Lakewood because I hear that's where the good shopping is at! If I only have a few hours there, what do you recommend?
I'm looking for yom tov clothing for myself (30 something, JPF, avg sized, not crazy into style but want to look good) and preteen DD. While there, I'd also like to look for shabbos shirts and ties for elementary aged boys, and would love to stock up on shells, socks, tights, etc.

I don't have an unlimited budget, so decently priced options are preferred. Also, I'd love to be able to return if the stuff I buy for dd doesn't fit. I have a relative going back to Lakewood 3 days after I'll be there, so I can return then.

Thanks!

(store names with addresses would be appreciated)

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 5:09 pm
I would recommend Brooklyn Southwest for you. They have some preteen things too. Down the block in the same shopping mall strip is Shoppers Paradise. That would be good for kids boys/girls. There is the shell station a few minutes away for shells. If you are looking for discounts and don't care if it's the latest style then go to fashion wholesalers for all the kids clothing and they even have shells and robes too. They are located in Howell (1 min out of lakewood) in the grebow shopping center.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 5:10 pm
You can try Brooklyn Southwest by Gourmet Glatt plaza. They should have for you and your daughter. Shoppers Paradise should have shirts and ties. The next block has a Shell Station and Little Women. They also should have boys shirts. The block after, has Hosiery Plus. They should have hosiery, skirts, shells and ties.

eschaya

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 5:17 pm
Thank you!
Any idea if the abovementioned stores would allow me to (potentially, I hope not to have to) return if the clothing I buy for dd doesn't fit?

esther36

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 7:09 pm
Before Pesach the stores are crazy about returns. Maybe same day money back or next day store credit... I doubt they would let after three days . The only place that gives returns for seven days is Shell station.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 9:02 pm
Heads of class- great store lots of preteen, woman & children's clothing.

shoshana2

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 10:36 pm
Polka Dot

mommy9

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 11:05 pm
I wouldn't call shoppers paradise decently priced. Fashion wholesalers is better.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 11:35 pm
Heads of class may have clothing but nothing in comparison to brooklyn southwest. I would highly recommend brooklyn southwest if u want a big selection. Especially for shabbos. Heads of class doesnt have much shabbos for ladies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics