Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Any ideas?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 6:55 am
Hi everyone
I need help. We are scraping every penny to make ends meet. My husband works part time and I work just 2 days a week. No he cant work full time bc he is studying plumbing. I cant work outside home because noone can look after my baby for free otherwise its not worth me going to work. Now ive trie everything / ideas that may help us to bring extra income from home but nothing every ever work out for me. What do you suggest? Anyone has a position from home? Im qualified in nutrition and weight management and I would love to make a teenage group for weight lost weight gain etc but I have no idea how to go about that. Ive tried calling the schools if I can give the girls a leaflet but they said no. So im stuck. 😭 Pesach is so expensive and we JUST cant afford. Help me please. I live in uk if that helps.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:38 am
Would you invest money in an advertising campaign for the groups? If you're good with computers you can create the ads yourself and save money on the typesetting. Just start working on the ads now and publish them right after Pesach because that's when lots of women and girls look for these things.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:42 am
groisamomma wrote:
Would you invest money in an advertising campaign for the groups? If you're good with computers you can create the ads yourself and save money on the typesetting. Just start working on the ads now and publish them right after Pesach because that's when lots of women and girls look for these things.

Yes I would but my hub says you need a guarantee you would make the money back as I spent a fortune on my course and havent made it back .. yet

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:51 am
Could you take in a baby as a child-carer? People sometimes need child care mid-year, if their maternity leave is up.
Or some kind of mini-summer camp during the summer.
Nutritious baking/cooking classes for kids after school.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:15 am
Offer one on one or small group nutrition classes and weight management courses for women or teens. People come, get weighed in, you give them a food plan, they need to keep a food diary. They come to you once a week to get weighed in and discuss any issues. People pay A LOT for this. My friend is doing this and pays about £20 a week. (all paid upfront, like 20 weeks in advance, which you probably need to do so people feel pushed to keep coming back and getting their money's worth) You can time sessions for when the baby is napping or in the evenings. You might need to charge less since you are just starting out.

How to publicize - facebook, other social media platforms. You can offer a free course to someone - everyone who likes your page gets entered into a raffle. This type of advertising shouldn't cost you much.

You can also advertise in those free circulars that go around. (Heimeshe advertiser or whatever they are called) Plus put up flyers in shops. Drop flyers through peoples doors. After pesach people are thinking of losing weight so plan your campaign for then.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:36 am
amother wrote:
Could you take in a baby as a child-carer? People sometimes need child care mid-year, if their maternity leave is up.
Or some kind of mini-summer camp during the summer.
Nutritious baking/cooking classes for kids after school.

I like the baking / cooking class idea. Ive mentioned on FB but noone responded. I think these days children arent intrested in anything healthy

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:40 am
Raisin wrote:
Offer one on one or small group nutrition classes and weight management courses for women or teens. People come, get weighed in, you give them a food plan, they need to keep a food diary. They come to you once a week to get weighed in and discuss any issues. People pay A LOT for this. My friend is doing this and pays about £20 a week. (all paid upfront, like 20 weeks in advance, which you probably need to do so people feel pushed to keep coming back and getting their money's worth) You can time sessions for when the baby is napping or in the evenings. You might need to charge less since you are just starting out.

How to publicize - facebook, other social media platforms. You can offer a free course to someone - everyone who likes your page gets entered into a raffle. This type of advertising shouldn't cost you much.

You can also advertise in those free circulars that go around. (Heimeshe advertiser or whatever they are called) Plus put up flyers in shops. Drop flyers through peoples doors. After pesach people are thinking of losing weight so plan your campaign for then.

£20 a week? Thats so cheap. SO its £1 everytime they come if im correct? This is exactly what I do although I charge more than that. There is no such thing free advertising in circulars

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:42 am
Can you offer the school to come in and give a free class? Start getting your name out there.

Is there a doctor's office or clinic nearby where you can leave leaflets?

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:45 am
amother wrote:
I like the baking / cooking class idea. Ive mentioned on FB but noone responded. I think these days children arent intrested in anything healthy

I think you are wrong. Teens are very interested in how they look and being healthy. I think the problem is that you need to get the word out you are offering your services. This is a tough time of year, but pre-pesach camps here are lucrative.

What about offering a paying pre-pesach camp for young girls with the added draw of free baking pesach baking lessons? This is to get the word out? You can give each girl a couple of cookies.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
£20 a week? Thats so cheap. SO its £1 everytime they come if im correct? This is exactly what I do although I charge more than that. There is no such thing free advertising in circulars

No, its £20 each time they come. My friend who does this pays in advance for a few months. She gets an initial consultation, and then weekly weigh ins which last about 10 minutes.

I know circulars cost money but it may be worth investing another £50 or whatever an ad costs.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 10:58 am
Raisin wrote:
No, its £20 each time they come. My friend who does this pays in advance for a few months. She gets an initial consultation, and then weekly weigh ins which last about 10 minutes.

I know circulars cost money but it may be worth investing another £50 or whatever an ad costs.

How much is the initial consultation?

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:13 am
amother wrote:
How much is the initial consultation?

also about £20.

May

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:22 am
Maybe you can offer the nutritious baking classes in the form of a 'night camp' in the summer for preteen or teenage girls who are in day camp. Here those girls come home from camp at 3-4:00 and have no homework and have the whole night ahead of them with nothing to do. Night classes (from let's say 8-9pm when your kids are sleeping) are very popular here in the summer for that population.

May

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:26 am
If you print up your own fliers, one way to distribute is to get a hold of the local class lists for the ages you are targeting and send each family a flyer in the mail. Will cost you just postage. A cheaper option is calling the moms of each girl in the class if you are comfortable with that.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:29 am
May wrote:
Maybe you can offer the nutritious baking classes in the form of a 'night camp' in the summer for preteen or teenage girls who are in day camp. Here those girls come home from camp atu 3-4:00 and have no homework and have the whole night ahead of them with nothing to do. Night classes (from let's say 8-9pm when your kids are sleeping) are very popular here in the summer for that population.

Wow I ❤️ that idea

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 11:36 am
May wrote:
If you print up your own fliers, one way to distribute is to get a hold of the local class lists for the ages you are targeting and send each family a flyer in the mail. Will cost you just postage. A cheaper option is calling the moms of each girl in the class if you are comfortable with that.

Yes thats a good idea. I think I should start writing them down!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics