Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
What's your best tongue recipe

happyone

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 6:33 am
What's your best tongue recipe? I've never done it before, as I really don't like it. My husband just hinted to me that he misses the tongue his mom used to make as a kid.

So... it's off to the butcher for a piece of tongue. What other ingredients do I need?

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 7:05 am
for cooking, if it is pickled, not much. just a pot and water. now for the sauce, that depends on what u like, sweet or salty.

Tila

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 9:17 am
This is the most requested birthday course from all my kids!!! First you boil the tongue for about 21/2 hours or more. Add warer as you go along cuz it boils itself out. Some change the H2O, some boil it for longer. I do not use a pickled one. Cool until you can handle it without dropping it or burning yourself. Oddly enough this is my fave part1 Peel the skin off of the tongue!!! (its cathartic, I guess). Slice into 1/4" slices or thicker. Place in a pyrex container that will hold it (use ALL of the tongue). In a med auce pan add a large jar of aprocot baby food, about 1/4 cup of ketchup or less, brown sugar, 2 tsps more or less of lemon juice, and simmer to a buble. Puor over tongue. You can add raisins, but everyone in my family hates them, except for me.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 12:42 pm
check out this thread:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....6f75a

also my mother made the most delicious tongue over yomtov. Basically, she just scrubs the tongue well while still whole and bakes it with veggies in the oven until well-cooked. Remove from oven, skin and slice the tongue, place with veggies in pan and heat through.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics